18

After many hours of cleaning the bathroom, it had become spotless. You wiped away the wet beads that slides off your forehead before plastering a large proud smile on your lips. You turned around then bumped into a thick clothed chest.

         "[Y/n], why are you doing this? Do you still think that you're capable of escaping me?" A particular vocal caught your attention, you gulped as you turned your head upwards.

You grinned awkwardly at your captor whom had a frustrated frown on his face. You stepped few steps back from him, sighing softly.

         Answering his questions truthfully, "I just wanted to have a conversation with the other workers... I felt sort of lonely which made me want to make friends with the maids. Of course I had a conversation with one, however, it was quick since she has to go elsewhere. As for your second question, I would answer no. I am not capable of escaping from your fingertips."

Poseidon gazed at you, his brows furrowed at the thought of you all alone. he kept his sight on you. The warmth hidden deep within those sharp cold eyes was almost completely invisible to any amongst the gods and goddesses.

You only layed your head low and could notice his protruding gaze at yourself. Never the warmth that he solemnly gives to you each time the two of you encounters because of your fear of him.

         "Look at me, [Y/n]. Look at me when you're speaking." In your perspective, this was almost a harsh command that you did as you were told to.

However, for him, it was an offer. Offer to gaze upon his majestic facial features that you agreed to do.

You reluctantly pulled your head up high to let your eyes be blessed by the beauty of a god.

You had almost forgotten what Poseidon had looked like for barely seeing him in many days due to business trips and meetings.

His golden yellow locks perfectly fits his hostile and silent demeanor as well as his facial features. Aquatic eyes with curled up lashes that arouses his eyes. An upturned high bridged nose and plump soft pink lips were made specifically only for him by the ocean.

You were reminded of his gorgeousness once more. At this point, you were definitely sure that he noticed your red cheeks.

         "[Y/n]... The only woman i actually fell for." He gently caresses your cheek as you stood still, familiar to a stoned woman.

Lies. All lies you are spitting.

         "The woman of my life,"

This is only a curse. It's not true.. So, why should i believe his words.

         "I love you to the moon and back." He retrieved his hand from your cheek.

Why?

         "I apologize, Poseidon.. I don't feel the same."

Poseidon parts his lips, yet no words exited his throat. As if he was incapable of interpreting the words. Only he could do was shut his mouth, turned his attention away from you, and left the bathroom.

You stayed in your place, silent for many minutes until you were startled by the head maid once again.

She was wearing her nightgown instead of her regular attire which was the maid uniform with her hair tied up using a butterfly clip.

         "Hey. Are you alright? You were zoning out."

You jumped a bit before responding to her.

         "I'm fine. Is there anything wrong?"

         "No, however you should be resting now. It's almost 8 PM and the other maids also butlers have went to their chambers."

         "Oh.. I should be going then, good night."

Without any more hesitations, you quickly dashed away from the bathroom and to your bedroom to rest leaving behind the young maid.

         "She ignored me, huh? Atleast she said good night.. I guess."