Vada

'I wish I could smile today' I thought, as I stare into an empty jail cell wall. I usually focus on every shadow I can see from the tiny window on my door daily, but today was just another day fading away. Suddenly I hear heavy and strong footsteps going down the hallway, along with screams and yelling. I run towards the door to my jail cell, seeing three shadows fighting; two against one. "Guards." I whispered. I could feel chills going down my back, as i heard someone being knocked down, then being dragged down the hallway. Again, footsteps. Only there were more this time. I walk to the back of my jail cell and sit down in a hurry, as i pray they don't come for me too.

"Here. Prisoner 77." A heavy voice claimed. 'That's me.' I thought, as i was ready for anything. I wasn't sure what they were going to do, but all I could think of was them executing the people turning 18 soon, so they could spare som oxygen. The footsteps stop, and I see five shadows standing in front of my door. I could hear the keys jiggling, while the cogwheels inside the door twist. The door opens and I try to crawl backwards in panic, but I can't move one inch. "Prisoner 77 stand up!" One of the guards yelled. I shake my head in a disagreeing movement, but one of the other guards from behind walks toward me. He grabs my hand firmly, and rises me up to the wall. I grab the edge of my bed, hoping they'll let me go and give me a little time. They punch and kick me to the floor, hitting my head hard, but I still won't let go. "Bring the taser!" The guard hitting me said. A guy dressed in all black came up to me, and pulled out a taser. "Stop! Please!" I scream, feeling tears roll down my face. The unknown man ignores my call for help, and continues to tase me. I keep on fighting, but fall as my energy was drained. 'My mind is empty. I can't see anything. It's quiet.' Voices said, repeating in my head . I couldn't feel anything, and fell unconscious as I gave up.

MOMENTS LATER

I faintly lift my head and open my eyes in shock. "Stop!" I yell. "Are you okay?" A blonde girl asked me. I look at her, breathing fast. I grew confused. I was placed in a hard seat, strapped in orange seatbelts. 'Where am I?' I think as I look around, being in a weird looking room. "You're on the drop ship, if you're wondering." The Blondie said. "Drop-ship?" I faintly ask. "We're on the drop ship, being sent to the ground, shocking I know." She answered. "We're going to earth?" I whispered to myself. The Blonde girl turns her head away from me and a few seconds passed. I look at the blonde girl, asking myself why she was so nice to me. "Uh, I'm
Vada." I stutter. "Oh! I'm Clarke, nice to meet you!" She answered back, smiling wide. 'She seems trustworthy ' I thought. Suddenly a voice came from the speakers in the room. It was Chancellor Jaha. "Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expandable. -"

A Teen Boy suddenly yells. "Your dad is a dick, Wells!" I look over to the guy named Wells. He seems to be embarrassed and slightly shy. The speaker continues.

"Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain three hundred people for up to two years. " Suddenly, the room went quiet, everyone staring at each other. The voice on the speaker was gone, and a sudden engine turned on.

Then it happened. The drop ship was on its way towards earth.

Everyone smiled and laughed, until the heavy shaking and turbulence came. People started screaming, thinking they were gonna die. 'What if we landed in the sea? What if there was no landing spot? Did The Ark just waste 100 lives?' Questions went through my head. The shaking went away, and everyone was calmed down. Then, two boys unbuckled their seats and started floating, which I immediately knew wasn't safe. "Stop!" Clarke yelled.
The boys continued, ignoring Clarke. "If you don't stop before the Parachutes deploy, you're gonna get smashed into the ceiling." I yelled. The boys turned their head towards me, one smiling and one moving back towards their seat. But they were too late. Now, blood was dripping for the ceiling, horror in everyone's eyes. A girl, around the age of 14, had blood in her hair. Some people in the back start crying in terror. I sigh and look down at my hands, by my thighs, fidgeting with my fingers. A sudden bang, continued with shaking, caught my attention. Everything stopped.

We've landed.