1. Dangerous interests

Amelia woke up in the morning feeling happy and full of energy. She had a big smile on her face like she always did. She got out of bed and went to the shower. After that she got dressed and started making breakfast for her parents and little sister.
Her little sister Violet ran downstairs hugging her.
-Good morning lovely princess.
Amelia said to her smiling little sister and she just hugged her tighter.
-Is mother and father up yet?
Amelia asked and Violet just shook her head.
-Well go wake them up. Breakfast is ready.
Amelia said now setting up the table and Violet ran back upstairs to their parents room.

A little later the family was having breakfast silently.
-Mother? Father? Can i ask you something?
Amelia said breaking the silence.
-Of course sweetheart.
Her mother Diana said.
-People are scared. They don't like it when i try to ask them. Who lives in that mansion? Why does it scare everyone?
Amelia asked and her father stopped eating.
-Why would you ask that Amelia?
He asked. He wasn't very happy to hear this question.
-I'm just interested.
Amelia simply awnsered.
-Sweetheart it's a very dark place. We shouldn't even talk about it but just please remember. Never go near that mansion.
Her mother said with still a very calm and soft voice and Amelia nodded. It felt like the breakfast was ruined. Everyone's mood was ruined and Amelia felt very guilty about it but still she was interested in that mansion and the story behind it. She felt like she had to find everything out herself and that was what she was going to do.

She cleaned everything up and went to her room. She took out her bag and put two sandwiches and one bottle of water there. She got dressed into warm and comfortable outifit and sneaked out of her home.