~1~

It had been a few years, three long years, since the incident. A 19 year old Sonic had partially matured - enough to settle down with Amy atleast, he still messed around like any other 'teenager'. Although that didn't mean the accident had left his mind for good.

He could still see his crimson eyes, clear as day. They haunted his every waking moment. He could still see the hedgehog's silhouette everytime his eyes closed. He could still hear his gruff yet gentle voice. Amy just didn't deliver the same feeling, she was sweet and nice unlike Shadow. Shadow had a cold yet loving attitude, he didn't smother him but he didn't ignore him either. He was perfect.

Sonic had to move on however. Amy treated him well and made him happy - even going as far to keep the hedgehog off of his mind when she was there. She was truly a blessing Sonic didn't deserve. This was one of those moments.

The two were cuddling on the sofa, watching some random series about two males in love. One was cheery and welcoming, almost as much as the other. "I hope that Minnie gets the bat." Amy muttered, half asleep. Sonic nodded in agreement "Billy doesn't seem to like Minnie though. He's a side-character anyways, they won't give him a girlfriend, but he seems to like that Natasha more." Sonic muttered - he wasn't too into the series himself but Amy loved it, and he could tolerate it for her.

The two continued to watch the series, a knock on the door suddenly startling the two. "I'll get it." Sonic muttered, peeling Amy off of him before getting up to the door as Amy paused the TV.

Sonic opened the door to see a rather distraught Knuckles. Sonic stepped aside and let the large echidna in. He could tell he didn't want to talk about it there. "She kicked me out." He muttered, sitting down in the living room. Amy scowled, the echidna had walked in with his shoes and tracked mud everywhere. "Who?" Amy demanded, ready to send him back to his sender. "Rouge." He groaned as he threw himself backwards.

"She was really upset about something but refused to tell me what." Sonic nodded his head. "Women are like that." Sonic remarked, earning a light slap from Amy. "Maybe, she is just having a hard time. Might be a family problem." She suggested. Knuckles nodded. "She usually tells me everything though!" Knuckles sulked. Amy sighed "Sometimes, people don't tell others things due to how upset we feel. Just be there for her - it's the best you can do." Knuckles nodded, taking in the advice.

______________________________________

The two figures stood beside the machine. One was taking notes whilst the others checked the machine. "It seems to have wiped his memory, restored anything that had been lost and even patched up his wounds without leaving a scar." One cried in glee. The other shrugged. "Isn't it a machine?"

The other shook her head. "No! He was bioengineered with alien blood and Möbian blood! Its truely a revolution!" She grinned. The other gasped. "If it is indeed possible... we could keep him in there a little longer before release... we can try to figure out how that doctor did it and make another! He'd be unstoppable if he had more!" He clapped his hands in excitement, almost dropping his notebook and pen.

The woman nodded. "If we can find out how to do this, the boss could possibly give us a raise!" She smirked. "Let's get going~" She cackled, the cackle soon turning to a wheeze, as she began to dig through files the doctor had wrote upon the thing's creation. This would be a long night- but it would be worth it.