~5~

Amy and Sonic then began talking and joking, as if they hadn't just broken up and cried upon realising it was all fake and Sonic unintentionally lead Amy on, before recieving a message from Tails.

"Help." Sonic read outloud to Amy, who was peaking her head over to try get a glimpse of the message "Shadow has woken up and Knuckles is trying to hold him back."

Amy looked up at Sonic "You go, I'll meet you all there when I've finished closing up." She smiled. "Sure?" Sonic asked, knowing he could probably close up the shop and sprint back home in 10 seconds at least. Amy nodded "If Knuckles is struggling to hold him back, there's something wrong." Sonic quickly hugged Amy, thanking her, before speeding off to what was probably a murder scene at that moment.

Sonic quickly ran to Tails' garage and stepped into a nauseating scene. Tails was frantically grabbing his equipment in hopes of it not breaking - it was rather funny to watch - and Knuckles was holding a struggling Shadow's hands behind his back, as if going to arrest him. "Woah." Sonic muttered. Knuckles rolled his eyes "Help me, will you?" He hissed at Sonic.

Sonic whinced when he saw crimson eyes surveying him. It didn't feel right for them to be filled with mistrust and hatred. Sonic just stared back, ears folded down to his head.

"I asked for some help! Not to have a f-cking staring contest!" The echidna shouted, causing Sonic to jump and rush to his aid. "What should I do!?" Sonic panicked. Knuckles just groaned "You should know his weaknesses!" Sonic stood in thought for a moment "I don't- no there isn't any weakness right now." Sonic muttered to himself.

"What do you mean, hedgehog!" Shadow spat, still struggling to pry his arms from the ruthless idiot behind him. Sonic shook his head and stepped back. "You're very.... fragile right now. I can't really explain." Shadow opened his mouth - probably about to shout about how Sonic was looking down on him or something like that. "No, I'm not looking down on you." Sonic stated boredly. Shadow's eyes widened in shock "How did you-" He was clearly at a loss for words.

"Tails, have a plan?" Sonic asked as his eyes focused on the ebony hedgehog. "No." Tails stated quite simply, fear evident in his tone. "Then I guess-" Sonic sighed as he stepped closer again.

"Shadow, we don't want to hurt you - well Knuckles probably does but I'll make sure he doesn't." Knuckles shot a glare Sonic's way. "But... we used to be friends. All of us" Shadow snorted "Yea, I'd love to be friends with the big red lava rock." He rolled his eyes, a sarcastic tone accompanying his statement. Sonic clasped his hands together as he throwned at the other. "You and Knuckles always hated eachother." He said in a deadpan manner.

Knuckles laughed "Yup. I only put up with your mardy a-s because you and Sonic were goi-" Sonic shook his head "I don't think he's ready for that bit. He's got that scary look he'd give me before all of... that." Sonic then cleared his throat. Shadow cocked a brow. "Meaning?" Tails chuckled "Don't wanna give you a heart attack right now Shadow!" He joshed as he walked towards the hedgehog, jumping back as the hedgehog snarled at him and whipped his head forward. "Wow... we really are back to step one." He remarked "Yup. Atleast no ARK is crashing down to earth-" Tails put a hand over Sonic's mouth "Don't jynx it!" He hissed.

Shadow's eyes widened "ARK? What do you know about the ARK?!" Shadow seethed, now trying his hardest to break free of Knuckles' grip - which he did. The hedgehog then slammed Sonic onto the floor, said hedgehog groaning in pain. "Tell me!" He snarled as Knuckles and Tails tried their hardest to get Shadow off.

Sonic put a hand infront of his face in a protective manner before uttering any words. "Well... back when we first met the ARK was about to crash into earth. You actually helped us! You defeated that big lizard thing and we both used the chaos emeralds and-" "Enough!" Shadow interrupted and willingly got up. He roughly pushed Knuckles away and lightly forced Tails to step back due to the twin-tailed fox's stature showing he wasn't a threat. Shadow then helped a hesitant Sonic up. "You seem to know a lot. So I trust you, for now." He stated.

Amy then rushed in, hammer in hand. "Is everything okay!" She asked, looking around the room and then nodding. "Yup we calmed him down." Sonic smiled. Amy waved at a repulsed Shadow. "Pleasure to meet you, again." She awkwardly laughed.