Other Information and Lore Changes

Timetable:

Lore Changes/Additions:

Leviathan:

Leviathan is America's Diagon Alley. Though it is much more elaborate. Leviathan is a suspended and floating structure that is constantly moving around the entire country. Each major city and every magical community in America has a port key that transports the user straight to Leviathan's Central Station, which resembles Grand Central Station, though instead of platforms there are entry points for numerous port keys. Leviathan is made up of a number of streets and sections which are designed for specific magical aspects, including familiars, potions, and transfiguration. There are also restaurants, hotels, museums, and even a trackless roller coaster.

Vampires:

Harry Potter vampires can procreate, so that is the main lore change to TVD. (It's rare though, and usually seen with those with magical blood) Half-vampires that are born, are capable of using magic. Witches turned into vampires can't (except for the whole siphoner thing)

Werewolves:

There are two types of werewolf. The classical lycanthropy seen in HP which is more of an infection and the less genetic condition type wolves that resemble TVD wolves. The main difference is that the 'genetic' wolves tend to be more controlled and restraint, they are also physically set apart, the genetic werewolves look like actual wolves when transformed though are significantly larger than the average wolf. Lycanthropy is the genetic condition (TVD). Werewolfry is the infectious condition (HP). Though they have differences there are also similarities: Both variants monthly transformations are usually preceded and succeeded by a few days of pallor and ill health. They both may display irritation towards friends. Just like in Harry Potter, the genetic werewolves can infect others with werewolfry through saliva and blood; thus, when a transformed werewolf bites a human, the bitten will become a werewolf themselves. Most Muggles, however, will die from the extent of their injuries. Unlike in The Vampire Diaries, the werewolfry (HP) werewolves, do not produce venom that is lethal to vampires.

Hogwarts:

Not going to change much, just a few things:

- Access to Common Rooms aren't as secure. Whilst someone from Slytherin can't get into the Ravenclaw Tower alone, they can if they are with a Ravenclaw and vice versa. (Though it is still probably rare to see other houses in Slytherin, given their reputation and the atmosphere they'd likely create for others; the most common other house seen in Slytherin's common room are Hufflepuffs. The most popular house common room is Hufflepuff)

- But access is only allowed between 6:15am & 8:45pm (Breakfast starts at 6.30am and curfew is at 9pm)

- There is a painting on the walls of each common room which acts as a sort of supervisor to deter vandalism and bullying etc. Each painting is a talking, moving portrait of each houses' animal (So Lion, Badger, Eagle, Snake); placed above the fireplace. They are commonly known as House Guardians.

- Common rooms are significantly bigger than what we see in the movies, because there is no way those rooms are big enough for the numbers in each house, let alone adding in the house-wide communal idea.

- No slide deterrent on the girls' dorm. But maybe both sides can decide if they want to lock the dorm doors. That way it's their choice if they trust the people that they live with, or they just want some secure privacy

- 'Sleepovers' need house head permission, so if a Gryffindor wanted to stay with a Hufflepuff then permission from both McGonagall and Sprout would be required. 'Sleepovers' are only permitted on weekends and during the holidays if students do not return home. (Permission is more likely to be given for the holidays so as not to make students feel too lonely if the rest of their year went home). If opposite-sex friends wish to have a 'sleepover' then this happens in the common room and not the dorms, so the supervising guardian portrait can make sure that nothing untoward happens.

- I never liked that they split up the classes and mixed the Houses and stuff because in a normal British public school, you are with the same 20-30 kids for everything through basically your entire school career. Mixing them up for every other lesson just always sat wrong with me. Yes, I know that there are 40 kids in Harry's year, but it's a magical school so the extra 10-20 kids per class can't be that big of a deal. So I will be throwing all the houses into the same classes at the same time. Plus it makes it easier to plan out a timetable.

- There is a Hogwarts Tuck Shop. It is open from 8.30am – 8.30pm and offers snacks, from sweets to fruit, hot drinks to sodas. Pumpkin Spiced Latte is an autumn favourite of students. (Usually closed during lunch and dinner). It is situated as a hole-in-the-wall shop close to the Great Hall, with a little seated area with a couple of couches, a few tables, and rubbish bins. They also sell the school newspaper, The Burning Times.

- The Burning Times. The weekly in-school newspaper, run by the Journalism club. It is released once a week, Monday mornings, to inform students of any club news for the following week, and runs any school news, usually gossip, or class changes. Sections called:

Herb-Lore; facts about plants including a plant of the week segment

Leechcraft; healing tips and spells

Cauldron; facts about potions, usually a potion of the week segment.

Quidditch; news about the four Quidditch teams. First week's edition has recruitment and try-outs news and play schedules for the year.

Conspiracy; usually an article about the conspiracy theory of the week

Magical Creatures; usually an article about a creature of the week

Clubs; pages with information regarding the various in-school extracurricular clubs including gobstones club, potions club, charms club, etc.

Houses; Individual pages for each house to post news etc. These are magically revealed depending on the reader's house, though teachers have access to all four segments.

Advertisements; usually from Hogsmeade businesses, but eventually Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes too

House Parties:

There are house parties, but they are only for years four and above. (I will post information on them in year four)