Chapter Ten

In the early hours of September 1st, not long after the sun has even started to rise, Elena, Jeremy, and Daisy were bundled into a rental car on a street in London. Daisy is still half-asleep so she can't really explain why, she is sure that Miranda explained, but her mind is blank as she now watches the city change as they leave it, dozing against the window, Elena sleeping against her side. She turns her head a little to look at Elena and next to her, Jeremy who rubs at his eyes. Daisy's eyes soften. She's going to miss the two of them so much. She's seen them every single day for as long as she can remember. It's going to be like going cold turkey from them. Cutting herself off from them completely without slowly working up to it which might have been easier. She's really going to miss her home and her family. But she knows how much she is going to enjoy Hogwarts. How much she is looking forward to re-meeting Harry after ten years. She's hoping he feels the same excitement otherwise it is going to be awkward. The car pulls to a stop waking the three children from their sort of sleep. Rousing them into attention. Elena yawns as she leans up from Daisy's side then seems to realise that they've stopped.

"Where are we?" Elena asks as she leans over Daisy to look out the window.

"Privet Drive" Grayson answers but earns a look from Magnolia because she doesn't want them to know yet. Magnolia wants to make sure this is going to play out in their favour before they tell Daisy. They didn't want to get her hopes up only for it to fall through and end up upsetting her. Magnolia has no idea how this is about to play out and she didn't tell Daisy to protect her feelings. Magnolia stares across at the house, worrying her jaw a little before she moves. Climbing out of the car with a deep breath before she heads towards the house that the car is parked outside of. Daisy scoots herself right up against the window to see what is going on. She's never seen Magnolia so tense before. It's a whole new thing to their mother. It's a small house, compared to their own, all the houses on this street are smaller than the average American home and they are all shoved up against one another. Magnolia pauses at the front door a moment before she lifts her hand to knock at the door. It takes a few moments but the front door eventually opens to reveal a woman, with curlers in her hair, a dressing gown on, and slippers on her feet. Daisy knows who that is. Though there are no photos on display in the house, there are some in a photo album from Magnolia's childhood. Petunia. Magnolia's sister. Daisy lets out a breath, sitting up straighter as she realises what is happening. As she realises that Harry is in that house. There is a thrill of excitement that rushes through her. She wanted to do this before school and it seems like she might be getting what she wished for. There is a stare-down between Petunia and Magnolia. A moment of tense silence.

"Oh, boy" Grayson mumbles. He knows that Petunia is a very sore point for Magnolia, perhaps the most sensitive point for her. Petunia turned her back on her family. Treated Lily and Magnolia like freaks for being born with magic when she wasn't, and that's not even an excuse, Zennia doesn't have magic, and she loves her sisters dearly and she's never held it against them that they have magic and she doesn't. Petunia is the only one of them that reacted that way. She was jealous. Jealous that Lily and Magnolia got magic, that they were chosen to have magic. It drove a wedge between them all. Soon Vernon, Petunia's husband, appears in the doorway and gives Magnolia a once-over before he sneers and steps back. From behind him, Harry steps closer. Magnolia softens as Harry struggles to drag his trunk out of the house with one hand, an owl cage in the other. Almost as soon as Harry is clear of the house, Vernon slams the door shut on them. Magnolia stares at the door, blinking slightly. She then shakes her head and turns to Harry as he sets the owl cage on the top of his trunk. His eyes are on the front door too, but he is less surprised by the attitude. Magnolia crouches in front of him, looking over his face. It is very striking, the similarities between Harry and Daisy. She sees just as much of James and Lily in his face as she sees in Daisy's.