Prologue

AN - I have created a Spotify playlist for this, you can search the other potter or click on the link that I will post in the comments attached to this notification. 

- For those that didn't see, I also adjusted Magnolia and made her a witch on the first page, and added a snake pet (Pickle) for her and made Daisy a parseltongue. 

A breeze blowing in through the open window in Daisy's bedroom is what wakes her. Before the sun. Before the smells of breakfast. It's the warm wind that brushes over her. It alerts Daisy to the fact that she is too hot. She lets out a breath and begins stretching out in her bed, only to find her movements restricted. She raises an eyebrow before she peeks through her eyes to find out why. Giggling gives him away. Jeremy has never been very good at hiding. It's why he always loses hide and seek against his sisters. But he's only six years old and all he does is giggle most days. Next to Jeremy, Elena is awake, curled around a pillow clutched to her chest, an amused yet still annoyed look on her face, believing that Jeremy has woken Daisy up and not the heat of the three of them all stuffed under the blankets. The two of them don't often climb into Daisy's bed. In fact, it only ever happens once a year. For Daisy's birthday. They do it for the others as well, but that involves climbing into their beds, not hers. It's sort of their thing. Something they have done since Elena was little and Jeremy had yet to be born. Daisy stretches her hands over her head with a yawn as Jeremy and Elena dig around the blankets for something. Daisy knows it will be her gifts. They are always impatient to give out gifts. It is the same at Christmas. The three of them are as bad as each other over this stuff.

"Glasses" Daisy mumbles as she pushes herself up to sit back against the bed's frame. Elena hands over the glasses from the bedside table to Daisy who then unfolds them and slides them up over her eyes as she wrinkles her nose.

"Happy birthday," Elena tells her and shoves a roughly wrapped gift box into Daisy's lap.

"You said I could go first this year" Jeremy argues, shuffling closer to his sisters, a gift-wrapped box in his hands too.

"Then you should have been quicker" Elena counters and smirks a little as Daisy huffs fondly listening to their bickering.

"Can I go to the bathroom first or do you want me to open these now?" Both Elena and Jeremy stare at her, giving her the answer to that question without opening their mouths to vocalise it. Daisy lets out a breath and then smiles at them. She can't be mad at them for wanting to see her reaction to their gifts, she is the same with them. Rather than choosing favourites. Daisy uses one hand to open each gift. Which is awkward but manageable. She finds a lemon and lavender candle from Jeremy and a box filled with her favourite candies from Elena. It's what she gets from them every year, but they are still gifts that she likes. She likes getting things she knows she is going to enjoy, rather than something that is going to sit in a box until she is old enough to throw them away without upsetting anyone. She'll eat the candy and burn the candle. Everyone wins. The three of them are wrapped in a hug when Magnolia leans in the doorway to watch them. She knows what is coming for them. In just a couple of months, Daisy will leave. And whilst it is not forever and she will come home, it won't be the same. That time away from each other makes things difficult. Kids grow up and apart. Magnolia wishes that things worked out better with Petunia, and she would hate for Elena, Jeremy, and Daisy to lose the relationship that they have. They are close. Daisy has always taken the big sister role seriously and Elena and Jeremy have loved her for it. Do love her for it. Magnolia remembers what it was like for her when she and Lily left for Hogwarts. Everything changed. Everything. That relationship with Petunia became distant and strained. That never recovered and none of them got the time with Lily that they wanted, especially Zinnia who was only eleven years old when Lily was killed. She barely has any memories of her now. Magnolia doesn't want something like that happening for her children.

"Are we getting up this morning?" Magnolia teases the three children who then jump out of bed. Daisy sets her gifts on the dresser as she follows her siblings to the doorway. Magnolia touches Daisy's shoulder to stop her, to get her to wait a moment. Elena and Jeremy's laughter and chatter disappear down the hallway towards the stairs as Magnolia kneels in front of Daisy, taking her arms in her hands as she looks over her. "Happy birthday, Daisy Chain" She offers softly, brushing her fingers over Daisy's cheeks. There is something sad in Magnolia's eyes though, despite the celebratory day. It is another birthday that Lily and James didn't get to see in. It is another birthday that Harry is away from his sister and stuck with...Petunia. Magnolia can only beg Dumbledore so much for her nephew to come and live here with her family. Last summer she wrote so many letters to the headmaster she got carpal tunnel syndrome. It made no sense to her that he split them up, and less sense that he would give Harry to Petunia. It was no secret that Petunia and her husband despised magic. Giving Harry to them was a terrible idea. Magnolia stands and touches the top of Daisy's head softly. "Come on" She whispers and guides Daisy ahead of her.