01 | Once in a Lifetime [🇬🇧]

Originally Posted on 21/10/23.

Warnings: -

Characters Featured: United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales
Relationships: England/Wales (Past), England/Scotland, England & Northern Ireland & Scotland & United Kingdom & Wales

Wordcount: 8324

A/N: Hi, uh, this was a long time coming. I vividly remember offering to write something about the British Isles to the person this work is dedicated to, and a whole ass year passed? Well, here you go! I don't know why it took this long for me to pull out ~8300 words out my ass (/j, but honestly, like 8.1k words of this was written a few (5-6) months ago, so uh), but hope anyone who reads this enjoy! And casual reminder, this is definitely not meant to offend anyone.

-----

United Kingdom's day was started with a horrid message.

It seems that England had invited him with all the others constituent countries to some sort of get-together. It was clear to all that may have been observing him that he was starting to regret even looking at his phone as the first thing to do after waking up from the comfy bed that he had previously slept in. He grimaced as he threw the blanket across and lazily brought his legs down to touch the cold floor of his home. The second regret of the day was the choice to not sleep without socks, as the sudden contact his bare feet had with the floor was enough to make his droopiness disappear from his face completely.

UK's face was carved into one of a scowl as he mumbled something unintelligible under his breath, presumably swearing his luck for the day. He sluggishly got up from the grey sheets of his bed and went directly to the bathroom located in his room, doing the usual bathroom-ly business as he normally does in the morning, taking quite the while due to the fact that the toilet seat indeed gives one a sudden brain power increase.

The uncombed-brown haired lad exited the-both the bath and bed-room not long after, taking a left turn from his room's entrance of the hallway to go to the kitchen, to see what kinds of food might be there. His grey baggy attire was messy from all the sleeping he had just done last night, and his steps were still pretty effortless even if his eyes were now fully cautious and awake.

A while later, he found himself in front of the cabinets scanning across all that is placed in there. He saw bread, oatmeal, cornflakes and... just that, really. He scratched himself on the head and moved towards the fridge-he just really wasn't in the mood for any of those three-and tried his best to find something that needs no cooking and is actually edible. Though, the few things he found were only a carton of chocolate milk that might be expired and a cold bottle of black coffee. He furrowed his brows in annoyance upon realising that he would be eating a bowl of milk and cereal to start the day, and grumbled some swears.

He took a plastic bowl for himself and poured the milk first, not caring for the possibility of it being expired, then grabbing the box of cornflakes and poured it afterwards. He stared at the filled bowl for a while, observing as the cornflakes slowly got soggy, seemingly in a daze until the voice of a woman pulled him out from the zone.

"Why are you eating that?" The familiar voice of the hazel-eyed woman questioned UK's choice for a breakfast, as she eyed him judgingly for not even having a spoon to eat with. "Did you pour the milk first again?" The shorter brunette asked once more, moving to the counter to get a spoon for UK.

"That's not your matter to dive in, England." He muttered as the mentioned woman's brow was raised, and she gave him a metal spoon to eat with. "No other food, and yes I poured the milk in first." He replied in an annoyed tone after seeing the other's expression.