𝐨𝐧𝐞. the smile has left your eyes

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄. the smile has left your eyes

❨ gen v ❩

GRIEF CAME IN WAVES, LITTLE ONES

GRIEF CAME IN WAVES, LITTLE ONES. AT FIRST, THEY WERE so strong that Miyeon felt swept away. They came at such random moments, replacing a feeling of normalcy with familiar tears. Yet in time those waves would lessen and let the good memories flood in instead, they allowed for waves of smiles and warmth, those funny or sweet things that were said.

When you have ridden the waves of grief you will see that you have a strong, strong heart. You will see that the pain is a witness to the loving bond that survives the passing.

After her parents' disappearance, her heart broke and she bled an ocean through her eyes. Her soul felt wafer thin. Her body trembled and chilled. And she learned more about pain than she'd ever wanted to know.

Sometimes their memory made her melancholy, her parents ― were fiercely loyal and overprotective. The wish for them to still be alive filled her with such rage and bitterness that she thought she would explode. One day she would grieve for them, but first, she would have to accept they were really gone ― and though her sister and herself held a funeral there was still a part of her that held that memory back.

Grief had a way of removing oneself from the world and it took real strength to reconnect and weave themself anew into the fabric of living, to give them a chance at future happiness.

"When you think about what happened to them, what do you imagine?"

"I think about a lot of things," Miyeon said. "I think it's not fair that they're gone. How they had their whole life ahead of them, they'll never see me enter The Seven, never walk me down the aisle. How it's not fair for Joowon to grow up without a mother and father, to be looking for them in the crowd when she walks on that stage for her high school graduation."

The choice to take therapy was brave, for it is a new start in the battle of the two selves, of the "two wolves," of reaching out for help to gain the upper hand and become your best self. Of course, it was her sister's idea.