《 Chapter 3 》

[ ✨️ This emoji is Hero and 🏀 is Kel. Ik those emojis are so original-]

✨️ : Where are you!?

🏀 : I'm at Sunny's, Why?

✨️ : Oh thank goodness, I thought you ran away because I launched at you this morning...

🏀 : Don't worry about it! You got reminded of... her and you let out your emotions. If mom or dad was there instead of me, you would have let your anger out of them. So I forgive you! :)

✨️ : Thank you so much, Kel. You have no idea what that means to me.

🏀 : No problem!

✨️ : Say, are you going to stay the night there?

🏀 : Uhhhhhhh ye. Is that a problem?

✨️ : Nope! Just tell me whenever you finally tell him how you adore him!

🏀 : SHUSH.

✨️ : lol

🏀 : Oh gtg, me and Sunny are watching a movie now. BYE! :)

✨️ : Bye! :]

(Text thingy over) Kel looked over at Sunny to see him looking at their conversation. Kel got embarrassed because of what Hero sent. "Just tell me whenever you finally tell him you adore him!" Kel was afraid Sunny suddenly became non-oblivious and asked him if he liked him. But that's not what happened, Sunny was thinking of something else. 'When did Kel and Hero get into a fight..? Is that why he really came over? Was he afraid Hero would hurt him..?' Sunny thought to himself as Kel put down his phone and looked at Sunny. Their eyes made eye-contact and they both couldn't help but start staring at each other. That's when Sunny snapped back to reality and wanted to ask Kel about the fight. Sunny took a deep breath and prepared for Kel to obviously lie. "When?" Sunny asked as Kel looked at him confused. That's when Kel realized, he read every single message. 'Wait... he read every single message which means he saw me forgive Hero...' Kel thought as he saw Sunny glaring at him, not a death glare but also not a friendly glare either. "When what?" Kel asked knowing Sunny could tell he was lying. "When did you and Hero get into a fight..?" Sunny asked as Kel took a deep breath knowing he couldn't escape this. He was corned, Sunny wouldn't let Kel lie here. "This morning before I arrived..." Kel answered as Sunny's eyes got wide like he was surprised. But then it was like Sunny snapped back to reality. He opened his arms wide for Kel to hug him, and Kel hugged him. Kel started to cry knowing he could trust Sunny but he didn't know if he could trust him with all of his... trauma? "Tell me what's wrong, and don't lie. You know I can tell when you lie." Sunny said as Kel nodded and took a deep breath. Kel knew this would be a good time to tell him everything that was on his mind. "Well ever since...her death, everyone's been different. Everyone has been depressed, especially you and Hero. So I've decided, if I'm happy then everyone else will be happy. So I've been faking my personality for you all even when I'm sad. I've been feeling depressed lately and it's been harder for me to put on a fake smile..." Kel said as his eyes started to burn incredibly. He knew his eyes were watering and so he let the tears fall down. They ran down his cheeks and they kept running down his skin. Kel could tell Sunny was shocked from that information but Sunny took a deep breath. "Is there anything else that's bothering you?" Sunny asked as Kel shrugged and then he remembered what his parents do to him... they throw bottles at him, throw cigarette ashes at him, lit cigarettes at him, and bruise his body. "Uhm... yeah just one more thing." Kel responded with as he started to think. 'Should I tell him? I've known Sunny for years and he wouldn't judge me for wanting to talk to him about it. But then again, he has enough trauma to deal with and if I talk to him about it he'll take on my own responsibilities. And if I don't tell him, I can continue this fake smile thing and act like nothing happened.' Kel started to think as Sunny closed his eyes and laid down on the couch making them cuddle.

' Kel started to think as Sunny closed his eyes and laid down on the couch making them cuddle

"You don't have to bottle up your emotions for us. None of us will judge you for being depressed, angry, upset, disgusted, or whatever emotion you feel. Your emotions matter just as much as anyone's or anything and you don't have to fake always being happy. Faking happiness is not a good sign of mental health and your mental health matters a lot. Now tell me what you were going to tell me, I'll listen." Sunny said as Kel started to relax and sigh. He was ready to tell Sunny that he was bring abused by his parents. "Well... uhm... I get abused by my parents, that's why I have so many bruises. It's not from basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls, or anything. It's from my parents and they have been abusing me for years and it's now catching up to my mental health." Kel said as Sunny started to feel furious. He didn't know any of this, being isolated for years does really affect someone. Sunny held Kel tighter but in a way that was comforting like how Kel did to Sunny. "I won't let them hurt you anymore, you need to start coming over more.... it's for your safety..." Sunny said as Kel nodded and wiped away his tears and smiles at Sunny. "Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, Man." Kel said as Sunny nodded and pressed play to the movie. They both turned their attention to the TV, only to see it was Kel's favorite movie, 'Spider-man'. "Why did you put this movie on? Don't you hate spiders?" Kel asked as Sunny chuckled slightly and that's when Kel realized that Sunny put it on for Kel and Kel only. They both started to blush and watch the movie. <3