Fall Back Into Place

I was contemplating wether or not to split this into two chapters but I decided not to, so now you have a 5000+ word chapter to read, have fun! I'm sorry this is late, I'm just struggling on how to fill in time gaps for the storyline.
______________________________________________

The dark Diamond sat with her legs lazily sprawled out over the edge of the bench with a scowl on her face. She had almost finished with the work which had piled up while she was at the ball and had decided to complete the rest of it in her extraction chamber. The room was exceptionally dark and the only form of light was the glow that left her hologram, which barely laminated the hand that held. Black found that not only was sitting in the dark comforting, but it was also an easy way to extract her essence aswell as strengthen her abilities at the same time. Her head perked up at the sound of doors to the room sliding open and turned to watch a ray of light to flood into the room with her eyes squinted. Her sight was quick to adjust to the change in lighting and she noticed the silhouette of Pink stood in the doorway, hands clasped together infront of her as she looked up from the floor and to her elder. Black lifted a brow at the small Diamond and smiled slightly, it was hard to stay so serious when she was being adorable.

"Yes Pink?" Black asked, turning back to carry on my work, knowing that Pink was going to ask for something.
The little Diamond didn't reply, she simply waddled over Black's feet and clambered onto the bench which she was sat on. Her tiny hands grasped onto the dark fabric covering Black's legs as she pulled herself onto the matriarch's lap. She placed herself against Black's stomach and tugged at her feathered limbs, bringing them close to her form. The larger Diamond watched keenly as Pink nestled up under her wings without a word and attempted to wrap her petite arms around Black's body. This, to Black, was a regular occurrence, Pink would always adore being concealed in the large wings, but normally only did this if she was in need of assistance or wanted something.
"How did it go?"
"The meeting? It was the same as usual, Yellow being grumpy and bossy" Pink pulled a stern face as if to imitate the golden General before going back to sulking in silence.
Black knew that she wouldn't stay quiet for long. The silence would last a few seconds at the most.
"I'm bored" Pink huffed.
Black smiled warmly down to the little gem and gently poked her nose,"And what would you like me to do about that?"

The likelihood that she had already asked the Blue and Yellow for something and been denied was high, especially with the things which Pink regularly requested, such as wanting a colony for example.

Pink scrunched her nose up, folded her arms and mumbled something inaudible while looking down at her feet.
"You are going to have to speak up" Black told her.
"I want to go to one of your colonies" She spoke a little louder.
The larger Diamond noticed how Pink was fiddling with the hem of her skirt and nervously tilted her head so that she could see her, 'Is she scared to ask me?' Black thought, 'No. She can't be.' She shook of the thought and recalled her work schedule, she could spare the petite Diamond some time.
"Well,"Black brought one of the displays down to Pink and pointed at it,"You may choose one of these since I have work to complete on them"
Stars formed in her eyes at Black's  words and grasped onto the device,"Really!?"
Black nodded at her and watched as she grew more excited. She glanced over the list of planets that she had been and clicked on each one, reading the brief overview which Black had written for them. She threw her hands in the air and lifted the screen above her head,"This one!"
Black leaned down to get a better view of the screen and then look to the ecstatic gem on her lap,"Kristallia? Are you sure little one? It's exceptionally cold there"
"Yeah, I've never been to an planet covered in snow before!" She tugged on Black's blazer as she jumped up and down,"Please can we go there, it looks so pretty?!"
"Certainly, but you must stay in my sight"
"Ugh, fine,"Pink huffed as she started to climb up onto Black's shoulder, gripping tightly onto the collar of the blazer as she did. Once stood, she grinned from ear to ear in triumph and placed a hand on her hips while the other pointed towards the door,"Onward!"
Black chuckled at the little Diamond's enthusiasm and stood from the bench, careful not to make Pink fall. She closed the screens before her and walked over to the doors which had been left open.
"Will travelling via the warp pad be alright with you my little rose?"
"Yep," Pink looked down to the two Pearls which were waiting patiently for their Diamond's and waved to them happily,"Hey Pearls, were going to Kristalla!"
"Kristallia" Black corrected, head still forward as she walked down the hall.
Pink paid not mind to the other's words and continued the conversation with the little assistants and turned to face them.
"Black Pearl," The gem's head was quick to look up to the Diamond who had called her,"Have you ever been there?"
"I have, my Diamond" She replied, crossing her arms into the Diamond salute as she followed closely behind Black.
Pink lowered her posture so that she was sat on the winged Diamond's shoulder with her back to her face,"What's it like?"
"Well, it's extremely cold, -85°C throughout the day to be exact," She explained, recalling the last time that she was on the planet as Pink swung her feet, intrigued by her words," As you may or may not know, ice planetoids prove quite challenging to find the resources to produce adequate gems, but my Diamond has a talent for creating the best specimens from them in large quantities"
Pink leaned backwards so that her head was in Black's peripheral vision,"Is that why you have so many snowy planets?"
"I only have four of them, the other ten all vary," Black stated calmly," And your too kind Pearl, not all of the gems I produce are perfect"