Chapter 8 : Exposed

Jungkook brought Taehyung to a restaurant near Boramae Park.  It had tables outside which was perfect since Bam and Yeontan were with them. 

As they were eating, Jungkook's phone kept on vibrating.  He deliberately ignored it and tried to hide it from Taehyung. However, the latter could hear it from inside Jungkook's coat.

"Why are you ignoring your phone?" Taehyung asked while they were eating.

"Because I know that it could either be my appa or eomma. So, it's really not an important call at all." Jungkook said.

"What if it's someone else and it's an urgent call?" Taehyung asked as he started to bite his nails.

Jungkook noticed it and smiled at Taehyung.

"It's annoying you, right?" Jungkook asked.

"Am I that obvious?" Taehyung giggled.

"Yeah. I'll just turn it off." Jungkook said as he took out his phone.

As he was about to turn it off, he saw that the call was from Miyeon.  Jungkook furrowed his brows as he looked at the screen.

"What's with the face?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"It's Miyeon." Jungkook said.

"You want to answer it?"

"Not really."

"Why? Aren't you friends after you broke up?"

"Yes, but —"

" Then, I think you should talk to her. Give her the benefit of the doubt."

"Says the one who was calling her priggish a few minutes ago."

"That's different. We're not friends. And I also remember you saying that you loved her once and you would like seeing her happy. After all you've been through together, don't you think she deserves to be heard?"

Jungkook thought that Taehyung had a point. He looked at his phone and exhaled heavily before answering the call.

J: Hello?
M: Kook, thank God you amswered! I've been trying to call you for hours.
J: What is it?
M: Your eomma talked to me and told me what happened.
J: And?
M: What do you mean, and? Are you out of your mind?  Why did you say all those things to auntie?

J: Because I've had it. They've been trying to control my life long enough and I won't have it anymore. They've crossed the line this time. Eomma knows I'm gay and you know that too. And they want me to marry you? That's not happening.
M: Kook, they're just doing what they think would be best for you.
J:  That's bullshit, and you know it. I expect you of all people to understand why I had to do it. I'm not marrying a girl, ever.
M: I'm not just any other girl, Jungkook!  We were together once and I don't see any reason why it can't work again.

J:  I am gay! 
M:  You just made yourself believe that you're gay because you're trying to find a way out of your parents' lives. But, you're not!
J: I can't believe you just said that.
M: Kook, please. I still love you. I will do —
J: Stop right there. This isn't about me anymore is it? It's you wanting to get what you want again. You are so selfish, Miyeon.
M: Listen to me!! What would you do if you leave your dad's company? Train dogs for a living?

J: Don't say another word, Miyeon. Don't make me hate you.  I shouldn't have answered your call. If it weren't for Taehyung who convinced me to pick up, I would've just ignored it.
M: Taehyung? Kim Taehyung...Mina's nephew. Am I right?
J: Yes. Anyway, this conversation is over Miyeon. i have to go.
M: Wait, Kook —

Jungkook ended the call and looked at Taehyung.

"My faith in humanity is gone." Taehyung said, trying to lighten the mood. "I'm sorry for convincing you to talk to her."