Xiao X Reader (Part 2)

Fighting tooth and nail here for some development :P

———————————————

A few days later

After getting changed,  Y/n is finally ready to leave their room.  They look outside the window and see that the sun has just risen. 

They sigh and grab their bag before making their way down the stairs.

"Good morning, Y/n!" They hear someone calling to them. 

Y/n turns around and sees the same waiter that helped deliver their food. She smiles at them and gives them a warm welcome.

"Have you decided what you want to eat for breakfast today?" She asks.

"Can we have a bowl of rice please?"

"Of course. Follow me." She leads them to the kitchen.

"We usually don't serve rice during breakfast so we're doing a bit of extra preparations for your visit. It shouldn't be more than half an hour for the rice to cook."

"Thank you very much," Y/n replies as the waiter leaves the kitchen to go start the cooking.

Y/n sits down in one of the chairs in the waiting area and stares at a blank spot on the wall. After a minute or two, the waiter comes back carrying a tray. She sets down the tray on the table and places a plate of rice on top of it.

"Here you go, Y/n. Enjoy your meal." She says.  She picks up the empty tray and walks away.  Y/n reaches across the table and takes a piece of the rice off of the plate.  They take a bite, and chew slowly while thinking about what happened yesterday.

The events of yesterday are still swirling around in their mind, and they are starting to worry about Xiao again.

As they finish eating, they walk over to the door. Before they walk out of the waiting room, they turn around and thank the waiter again. She smiles and waves as they step through the door. As soon as the door closes, they take a breath.

"Alright, Y/n, focus. Just stay calm.  You'll find him. Everything will be fine, you just have to relax." Y/n tries to reassure themselves.

They decide that they need to check on Xiao, but they don't know where to look.  As they search their surroundings, a familiar voice catches their attention.

"So you're still alive?" The voice asked. When they turned around, they noticed Xiao standing behind them.

"Oh.. Uh... Hey, Xiao. Good morning!" Y/n greets him. He looks confused.

"Good morning. Are you feeling better? You seemed tired yesterday, so I assumed that you wouldn't feel well enough to come out today."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I slept longer than I expected to, haha!" They give a small laugh. Xiao looks a little taken aback. He takes his glasses off and starts cleaning them.

"You know, you can always call me if you need help sleeping. Even though I didn't sleep very well myself last night." He pauses and looks back at Y/n.

"But anyway, I'm guessing that you didn't come here just for that. I assume that's why you're here?"

Y/n blushes slightly and looks down. They begin to fidget nervously. They aren't really good at talking about feelings, especially ones that are this big.

"Yeah..." Y/n finally whispers. "Listen, uh... I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but... I kinda missed you a lot. Like... a lot." They blush even harder.

Xiao looks down awkwardly and sighs.
"Well, I missed you too." He murmurs.

"Really? You didn't sound too enthusiastic."