Messy Life

"You know, if you look any harder then your eyes are gonna pop out your head

"You know, if you look any harder then your eyes are gonna pop out your head."
Hiro chuckled, hands in his pockets and leaning languidly against the bookshelf behind him as he watched the girl scour the rows of literature in front of her. He was quickly met with a sharp hiss from the girl, who pressed her finger to her lips, brows scrunched in adorable (in his opinion) frustration as her eyes skimmed over the titles of the books.
"I know it's here..."
Y/n muttered quietly to herself, just loud enough for the raven-haired boy to catch onto until he heard a little laugh of mischief escape the girl. She reached out for a crimson red bookspine adorned with the illustrations of black, thorny roses.
"Aha! I found it."

"Finally, it feels like we've been here forever."
Hiro complained with a yawn, stretching his arms out in front of him and wincing at the loud crack that his fingers made before he cracked his knuckles for good measure.
"Is that all?"

"Just for today."
Y/n nodded, the two of them making their way to the counter as the girl purchased her new book with excitement that was pushed down. They then proceeded to walk out of the bookstore, Hiro swiftly making the move to link his arm with hers before placing his hand back into his pocket.
"I'd love to buy more books, but I simply don't have any room to put them."
She sighed, brows scrunching once more as she pressed herself to his side. Her other arm held the book in the little paper bag, and she clutched it tightly to her chest.
"I can't use the guest room either since it's more or less Grandfather's room now."

Hiro shrugged in return, stepping in time with her as the two started to walk down the street.
"Yeah but Aster moving in means that I get to stay in your room when I sleep over."
The raven-haired teen pointed out with an indifferent expression, one that was quick to melt into a mischievous smirk as he glanced at the girl.
"So I wouldn't say it's a complete loss."

The girl let out a stiffled laugh, shaking her head through a heavy exhale, and sighing once more,she turned her head to face Hiro.
"Can you think of anything beyond just wanting to sleep in my bed?"
She asked with a humoured tone to her voice.

Hiro looked up, pretending to be deep in thought until he clicked his fingers and pointed at her.
"Cuddling you."
He stated firmly, then paused once more to look up.
"...in your bed. It's comfy."

Another roll of the eyes ensured, alongside some quiet laughter shared between the teens as they returned to the comfort of the café that Hiro lived above. It wasn't busy, the atmosphere containing quiet murmurs and the click of laptop keys from someone working in the corner. The scent of freshly baked goods and brewed coffee greeted the two as they arrived, immediately going upstairs to Hiro's room after they greeted Cass who was behind the counter. Bags were discarded at the top of the stairs, with Hiro going straight to his computer chair whilst Y/n bought out the new book she had bought with an excited smile.

"Are you seriously gonna read it now?"
Hiro snickered, watching as Y/n flicked through a few pages of the book to admire the illustrations that decorated each new chapter.
"You just bought it."