Chapter 2: Introduction

¨____________! Come on! We have to go! The ceremony is gonna start!¨ My Mamá yelled. I took my face outta the book I was reading. ¨What ceremony?¨ I asked. OH SHIT THAT CEREMONY. I raced around my room getting my hair done as well as washing my face. I stopped infront of my closet and opened it.

I sifted through the myriad of clothes I had that were collecting dust. Until I came across a lovely baby blue dress. I took it off the hanger it was on and laid it on my bed. It was beautiful, for lack of a better word. It was off the shoulder dress with flower embroidery at the waistline. As well as pearls at the hem.

I slipped it on and put on my matching set of gold earrings and necklace. I looked in the mirror near my bedside table.

¨Wow¨ I muttered to myself.

The blue matched my ______ colored eyes. I could barely recongnise myself. I look so pretty. I am so happy my mother gave this dress to me, it looks perfect on me. I hurried downstairs where I met Mamá. She was waiting for me at the hat shop.

She smiled when she saw me in the dress. ¨You look beautiful mi pequeña mariposa¨ she kissed my forehead.

I laughed ¨thank you Mamá¨

We headed out the door and we were astonished at the sheer amount of people outside our house. All lined up single file in a line waiting to be approved to go inside for the gift ceremony. Me and Mamá looked at each other and laughed.

¨Who knew there would be this many people here huh?¨ I chuckled

¨Well, it is the Madrigal's. They are celebrities around here. Especially that Isabella girl was that her name? Anyways weren't you friends with one of them?¨ she inquired.

¨Well, uh... used to, it's a long story ¨ I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

¨I understand, you don't owe me anything you don't have to say anything more¨ she went into the long line outside the house. Then we waited for a little until we got to the front of the line where I saw...

¨CAMILO¨ my jaw dropped. I was flabbergasted.

¨Ah! ________ glad you could make it here's a little gift for the road¨ he went on his knees and kissed my hand.

¨AaaAAAAAAAA WHAT ARE YOU-¨ he quickly pulled away when he saw my reaction.

¨Ah! Ms. __________ how nice to see you¨ he hugged her and gave her a reassuring pat on the back.

¨Sorry if this is abrupt but me and your daughter have some things to talk about so why don't you go on ahead¨ he smiled warmly and she returned it back.

¨I see lover boy, well try not to have too much fun with her hehe. Have fun both of you!" she waved goodbye and so did Camilo.

Then after she was gone, I pulled him aside to have a little chat.

¨Yeah? What was with all that intense yelling and blushing?¨ he said so nonchalantly as if he had seen it billions of times.

¨YOU- YOU WHAT WAS HYUH YOU JUST JUST KISSED MY HAND¨ I shrieked while I held my hand up and pointed at the hand he just kissed.

¨Yeah and? What? You want me to do it again or something?" he reached for my hand but I smacked his away.

¨NO ABSOLUTELY NOT" I was aware of how much I was blushing and Camilo was (unfortunately) just as aware.

¨Is there a problem with me kissing your hand?¨ he raised an eyebrow.

¨BYEYBjBJYV NO iT'S JUST THAT IT WAS SO ROMaNTIC aND I WASNT READY FOR MY HEART TO GO INTO CARDIAC ARREST THANK yOu VERY MUCH¨ I covered my face oh god this can't be happening god tell me this isn't happening-

¨Wow- uh this is happening¨ Camilo awkwardly stuttered out.

FUCK WHY

¨Why must you always be such A NITWIT-" I took his hand and used it to smack his own face.

¨Why are you hitting yourself, why are you hitting yourself why are you-¨ Camilo tried to get me off of him.

¨AAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING STHAP AHHHHH¨ He yelled.

¨VENGENCE¨ I soaked in the sweet smell of victory (which smelled a lot like old spice)

¨My morals and the bro code keeps me from hitting a woman"

¨Didn't say nothing about punching though¨ he then punched me in the stomach.

I groaned in pain. ¨Aw fuuuuuck, I deserved that but SHIT THAT HURTS¨

I glared at him ¨till next time Madrigal but you won't be so lucky the other time around¨ I smiled through the pain.

¨That's some loser talk man¨ he sat down.

¨You wanna throw down punk?¨ he nervously whispered a no.

I dejectadly walked to the Madrigal house with Camilo than I asked. ¨Wait why was I mad in the first place?¨

Camilo shrugged and we ambled on into Casita. We went our separate ways from there. I swiftly scanned the crowd of people when I found my mother. I ran up to her ¨Mom!¨

¨_________ no need to run. I am just catching up with Alma over here. We have grown apart with all the things going on right now¨. Mama put on her best fake smile and it seems Alma did to.

¨Yes, of course you should visit sometime! Did I mention that Isabella is getting married to such a lovely man! With a perfect Isabella they will be an amazing couple¨ she straightened her bun.

¨That is Señora's son right? Oh yes, a perfect couple. He is very handsome and he will be a perfect husband¨ she replied.

¨I will leave you two to your gossiping¨ I waved my mom goodbye but just then Alma signalled for me to stop so I obliged.

¨One more thing ________ I just wanted to thank you for the lovely hat you made for me. Honestly the flowers and embroidery... you really outdid yourself there¨ she nodded.

¨It was nothing, honestly I am more than willing to do my best for any customer that pays!¨ I smiled back awkwardly.

She went back to her conversation with my mom. 

That's when I saw Camilo greeting the guests and I waved at him. He instantly ran up to me and grabbed my wrist.

¨Come on! Let's go!¨

¨aAAA- WHERE-¨ I yelled

¨Someplace where we can both talk in private¨

(Chapter 2: END)

(A/N: Alrighty that is this weeks chapter see yall Friday, hope you liked it. As always have an amazing day and be sure to drink water!)