~49~

I glance at the many students from various schools all around us filing out of their buses. We just arrived at the arena that will be hosting the license exam. Everyone from my class is eagerly waiting with their costume case in hand.

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks," Aizawa speaks up, giving us an encouraging talk, but I can't help but chuckle at how that is precisely something Keigo would say. "You'll be semi-pros," Aizawa pauses and gives us a stern look before continuing, "I expect your best."

"Let's call out the usual, you guys. On my mark," Kirishima pumps his fist in the air excitedly, yelling out our school's motto. "Go plus..."

"ULTRA!!"

I whip my head to look and see someone, not from our school, who just shouted over Kirishima, which I hadn't before believed was possible. He towers over most of the kids from class 1-A and wears a hat with the letter S front and center. He seems more excited to chant our school's motto than most of my classmates do.

"You know it's very rude to barge into other people's huddles like that, Inasa." A purple-headed boy behind him scolds Inasa, the enthusiastic giant.

Inasa's face changes to one of shock and disbelief before he slams his head into the ground, bowing. "I am so...very...extremely...sorry!" His voice carries on for miles with how loud he is, and I am slightly concerned that he might have given himself a concussion.

I examine the students' uniforms and realize what school they are from, Shiketsu. It's a well-known, famous school like UA but located in the West.

Inasa stands to his full height and yells, "I wanted to say it just once, Plus Ultra! See, I really love UA high school! I am extremely honored to compete against such incredible students! I'm so looking forward to it!"

I stare at him confusedly, unsure how to react to all his enthusiasm. He doesn't need to scream for us to hear him, seeing as we are right next to him. Also, a bit of blood is trickling down his forehead due to his overly enthusiastic bow. After his exclamation, his classmates urge, more like demand, him to follow them into the facility.

"Inasa Yoarashi," Aizawa mumbles as he watches the Shiketsu student walk off. "He's strong. He's the same year as you all and received the top scores for students admitted through recommendations. But for some unknown reason, he turned down his acceptance to UA and went to Shiketsu."

I nod my head staring at the Shiketsu students walking away. Then my eyes widen, "Wait. He had the top score?" I glance at Aizawa in disbelief.

"Yes, he did." He answers me plainly, but I swear he's trying his hardest to hide a smirk.

"Well, how much did he beat me by? Was it like a few points, or was there a big gap?" I question Aizawa further, but he gives me a look saying he's not going to answer. "Come on. I need to know, Aizawa."

"Keep an eye out for him. He's the real deal," Aizawa warns our class and continues to avoid my questions. He does, however, leave me with one more message, "This is your chance to find out during the license exam."

I glare at my teacher, annoyed with him avoiding my questions and trying to use this as a 'teaching moment.' Knowing that this kid beat me, I can't help but be curious about the difference in our scores, and it'd be easier if Aizawa came out and said it. I shake my head, trying to ignore the curiosity now eating away at me though I can figure out my answer in the exam.

However, now the unknown gap in our skills has me worrying. Inasa could be only a fraction better than I am, and our fight could be a 50/50 chance of either of us winning. On the other hand, there could be a significant gap in our strength, and I'd be walking into a losing battle. Part of me knows Aizawa would never set me up for failure, but another says that is exactly what he would do for the purpose of a 'lesson.'

"Eraser!" A new voice chimes in, and everyone glances over to see a teal-headed lady making her way to us. "I saw you on TV for the Sports Festival, but it's been a while since we've been this close in person."

I turn my head back to our teacher to notice his irked facial expression. I furrow my brows at him, "What's the problem? Is she someone you don't like?"

The lady walks up in front of Mr. Aizawa and me. "Let's get married," She says straight forward.

I choke on nothing but air at the bluntness of the newcomer. I stifle my laugh when Aizawa answers immediately with a dull no. His answer doesn't seem to affect her, and she brushes it off, going into a laughing fit.

Ms. Joke is her name, and she goes on to tell us her version of how their love bloomed. Aizawa looks more annoyed than I have ever seen him. "Well, Ms. Joke, I hope you would be kind enough to extend an invite for this wedding to me as well," I state as elegantly as possible, going along with Ms. Jokes' obvious fantasy and hoping to annoy my gloomy teacher.

It seems to work, seeing as his head whips in my direction. Before he can even deny what I said, the teal-headed lady is squealing. "Oh, Of course, dear! I would be more than happy, too, and I'm sure Eraser would love to see his students there. It would be so wonderful to teach you, kids, more than simply being a hero but also what true love is like."

Oh my god!

I absolutely love this lady.

I start to respond, but Aizawa is already speaking before I can feed more into Ms. Jokes' delusion. "Bakugo, come drag Takami away before I expel her from UA."

My face drops a bit, sensing the seriousness in his tone and knowing for a fact that he is dead serious. I don't feel like laughing much anymore. The back of my collar pulls, and I know Katsuki has a death grip on it before he yanks me back. He's a little harsh, but I don't have the sense to argue since he saved my ass.

"I already knew it, but you really don't know when to shut up, huh?" Katsuki shoots the question at me, but both of us know the answer, and I know he doesn't expect me to voice it.