I Miss You

You rode in the ambulance with Kenny, your body wracked with sobs. The EMTs were kind and said that everything would be fine, but you knew it wouldn't be. CPR didn't work. Tubes didn't work. Stuffing the wound up didn't work.

He was pronounced dead in the hospital, because apparently it was not allowed for him to be pronounced in the convention center. But you knew the truth.

You haven't left your room in days, filled with guilt and sorrow for losing your friend. He loved you so much that he would die for you. And he died a painful death. You don't know how many hours of the day you spend crying, but it's enough to fill your trashcan all the way with tissues filled with your tears and snot.

Bradley would come into your room sometimes, cradling you just as a good brother would. He would soothe your hair and whisper that it wasn't your fault, but you knew better. You knew he was feeling sad about Kenny's death, too. He was only trying to be strong for your sake. You could hear him crying in his room sometimes.

Your mom, when she wasn't at work, would try her best to comfort you as well. You would cry on her shoulder and she would tell you how she's lost a friend as well... that it's not easy, but you get better eventually. Maybe she was trying to give you hope, but you think that you will never get over Kenny.

He was funny and kind and he always made you smile. He was so sweet to you, so concerned for your well being even if you felt like you didn't deserve it. He died protecting you. Maybe if you hadn't been so reckless, then maybe he would have still lived. You beat yourself up at every waking moment about it.

But everyone seemed to forget about it eventually. You never did.

You got a message from Stan one day. Reluctantly, you opened the message and you furrowed your brows at the sight of what he said. "(Y/n), you haven't been talking much. Are you alright?"

What does he mean, 'are you alright?!' Just yesterday, he was messaging the group chat about how torn up he was about Kenny's death. What the hell happened to that?! You switched to the group chat, frowning deeply, but...

The messages from the last couple of days disappeared. What the fuck is going on?

The pictures from the convention are gone. No one is even talking about Bigi being there. It's as if that day was erased from not only the guys' memories, but from the universe as well. But if that's the case, why do you still remember? Perhaps you were just made to be punished...?

You throw your phone onto the carpet and lay back down, staring at the ceiling. You're so tired that you can't even cry. Your eyes are dry and they hurt, you have a raging headache and you haven't been getting shit for sleep. You just... need peace and quiet... you want everything to go back to what it once was.

You finally shut your eyes, and the moment you do, you've passed out.

~

"Ah, (Y/n). Good to see you again!" The familiar voice of Chef greets you in your slumber. You're back in the school's cafeteria, right where he would serve the kids lunch. "Man, you look rough. Did something happen?" He asks, his expression filled with concern.

"Kenny's dead," you tell him, your voice barely above a whisper. "And it's all my fault."

"Dead?" The fellow blinks before letting out a soft chuckle. "Oh, honey. That happens all the time. C'mere."

You don't know what he means by "it happens all the time," but you walk towards him. He picks you up easily and sets you on the counter. You sort of forgot that when you're in this realm, you're back to being ten, and not a teenager. You wipe the tears that are forming in your eyes, biting down on your bottom lip.