"Reunited"|Jebediah x Reader

requested by Jebusespartner. i'm so sorry for the wait, incase you hadn't seen my update, a lot of shit has happened. I'll hopefully be returning to fanfic writing soon. 2024 words, originally published: July 26'th 2023

CW// capture, interrogation, minor torture/harm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What an unfortunate turn of events. You always considered yourself to be better than this, yet here you are: tied to a chair, captured by the AAHW. They must be taking a different approach than usual, as instead of just murking you they're interrogating you. They seem to think you have something to do with the infamous Hank J. Wimbleton.

The last 3 hours have been monotonous, if not just outright terrible. In that time you have gained a bloody lip, the starting of a black eye,  whip lashes on your arms and hands, and lost a bit of your ear. And now, the soldat who's done all of this to you, pushed a pistol into your temple, making your vision go a little fuzzy from the pressure.

"Tell me everything! Everything you know about Hank!" he screamed. Maybe you were just sensitive, but his voice made your ears ring. You sputtered up,

"I keep telling you, I don't know anythi-" your voice cut off from the soldat pistol whipping you in the side of the head. He must've hit a sensitive spot, as your hearing went a little dull and everything got a bit more blurry. You heard the soldat speak up, and just barely made out what he said.

"Take them out. If they're useless, we don't need them wasting air."

"How...? How did it come to this..?" you thought. Tears welling in your eyes, you thought about the life you've lived. You used to have  a promising life. You remember when you were younger, years younger, roughly 40 years ago. You had applied to be a science assistant in the Nexus Core. It wasn't the highest paying job, and you would rather be an actual scientist but assistant was next best thing. You were only just barely hired, and was the helper of Dr. Christoff and Dr. Hoffnarr. Despite your anxiety, it was actually quite chill. Though Christoff was serious about his job, Hoffnarr was more lax and often convinced his coworker to take it easy.

You always thought it was funny how stark a difference the two were, and despite that, they were best friends. Time passed, and the three of you had fun, yet you always found yourself getting closer to Christoff, who in turn got closer to you. Though nothing officially happened between you two, you were just good friends! Though that never stopped Hoffnarr from making jokes. Regardless, the party of 3 got cut during the beginning of the end.

You were fired for reasons unclear, though Christoff informed you to be glad you weren't just killed on the spot. Hoffnarr was put in charge of another science study, meaning he and Jeb had less time to hang out at work. Plus all three of you had terrible schedules and could rarely get together, which made keeping in touch difficult. Still you tried, and in doing so, Christoff let you in on something: he was planning to usurp Director Phobos.

"Project Gestalt will be the fall of Nevada! Hoffnarr has informed me that Phobos plans to abuse dissonance energy for his own selfish gains!" he would shout. Although you didn't quite understand the subtleties of it, you got the bigger picture. Then Jebediah asked you the question:

"Will you join us?"

And y'know what? yeah, why not. It wouldn't hurt to help them out, yeah? Though you couldn't do much aside from inform the two of what was catching on outside, you ended up amassing a small group of people who also wanted to join. You basically became the reconnaissance and grunt work of the once small operation. But thankfully spread up enough that if one group got caught, it wouldn't travel up the chain very far.