Chapter 5: Inazuma

"At last, we return to my homeland," Ei declares, her voice laced with a blend of anticipation and nostalgia, a soft smile gracing her lips.

Mei, ever pragmatic, interjects, "First task: securing a vessel for our passage." Her straightforwardness draws a few amused chuckles from the group, a light moment amidst the gravity of their mission.

Terai, with a hint of optimism, suggests, "Port Ormos could be our best bet for finding a boat. Assuming, of course, any remain unscathed by the chaos."

With unanimous agreement, they set their sights on Port Ormos, and fortune smiles upon them—a boat, untouched by destruction, awaits.

The question of navigation hangs in the air as someone queries, "Is there among us who knows the art of sailing this craft?"

A silence ensues, thick with uncertainty and the unspoken realization of their collective inexperience.

"Allow me to take the helm, my liege," Mei offers with a sense of determination. Her vision flares to life, its luminescence a beacon of her intent. With a graceful command, she begins to manipulate the surrounding waters, guiding the boat with an unseen force.

Terai, compass in hand, serves as the navigator, directing Mei with precision to ensure their course is true.

Their voyage, marked by the vast expanse of sea and sky, culminates as they make landfall on Narukami Island, within the bustling port of Ritou. Their curiosity piqued, they venture forth, their exploration leading them to a secluded wooden hut.

There, they encounter a girl engaged in the solitary task of chopping firewood. Her physique is a study in contrasts—muscular yet sleek, power and grace embodied in her form. Adorning her head are two striking red horns, complementing her Shiba Inu-like ears and tail, features that speak of her unique heritage and strength.

Miko, with a gleam of mischief in her eyes, turns to Gorou and muses, "She bears a striking resemblance to an Oni blended with a Shiba Inu, wouldn't you agree, General?"

Caught somewhat off guard, Gorou manages a hesitant agreement, "Ah... indeed, she does..."

Observing Gorou's flushed complexion, Itto can't help but express his concern, half in jest, "Hey, pup, you're looking pretty red there. You sure you're feeling alright? Not coming down with a fever, are you?"

Shinobu, ever the voice of reason, exhales a resigned sigh before unveiling a surprising truth, "Itto, that young lady is your and Gorou's future daughter."

"Really?! That's AWESOME!" Itto's exuberance echoes, causing Gorou and Tighnari to instinctively lower their ears in a bid for auditory respite.

Cyno, with a low hiss, chides the boisterous Oni, "Keep it down," his glare sharp.

Caught in his enthusiasm, Itto quickly tempers his volume, "Oh! My apologies!"

Gorou, offering a bashful smile to Itto, reassures, "It's alright, Itto." His gentle demeanor only serves to brighten Itto's grin, a silent exchange of understanding and affection between them.

"Excuse me, you there!"

"Katrina!" Katrina receives a sharp hiss of caution by Laura.

"What's the issue?"

At Katrina's call, the Oni-Shiba figure stiffens, her body language shifting to one of alertness before she pivots to face them with a swift motion.

"Uh, yes? How may I assist?" she inquires, a note of confusion lacing her words, clearly taken aback by the sudden attention.

In that moment, another figure emerges from the house, adding to the unfolding scene.