Chapter 6: Snezhnaya

"I wonder where they'll be heading next."

"Snezhnaya, most likely."

"Off to Snezhnaya we go!" Katrina says cheerfully as everyone is aboard their boat.

They'll be traveling for a while...

"Why do father's take an extra pair of socks when they go golfing?"

"I don't know Terai, why do they?" Mei asks.

"In case they got a hole in one."

Silence.

Silence.

Tighnari sighs in defeat as Cyno is looking proudly at the screen.

"What did one wall say to the other?"

"What?" Yuko asks.

"I will meet you at the corner."

Katrina is trying her best not to laugh.

"I do not trust those trees."

"What trees-" Kaiyo asks confused.

"They seem kind of shady."

"I will slap her."

Terai just continues.

"I feel sorry for the Calendar."

"What? Why?"

"It's days are numbered."

"Let me go! I will strangle her!" Laura growls. It takes all of Katrina's strength to hold her back as Kaiyo slowly pulls out a knife. Mei quickly slaps it out of her hand as she realizes the purple haired girls intention.

Yuko is rolling around on the floor laughing while Terai grins slyly.

After what feels like an eternity of bad jokes they arrive to the nation of Cryo.

"The cold is unbearable!" Terai exclaims, her body racked with shivers.

"Given your desert heritage, it's no surprise this weather isn't to your liking," Mei observes, her focus on the map not wavering.

Yuko's ears twitch at this exchange, and without hesitation, she drapes her jacket over Terai. It hangs loosely on Terai's frame, a testament to Yuko's generosity.

"Thank you, Yuko. But what about you? Aren't you going to feel the cold?" Terai asks, her gratitude evident.

With a hearty laugh, Yuko dismisses the concern, "Worry not! Our Oni lineage gifts us with a warmth unbeknownst to the cold!"

As the group advances through the snowy terrain, all snugly wrapped against the chill, Yuko's laughter doesn't quite mask her efforts to conceal her own shivers.

"Look ahead—a structure!" Laura announces, her voice cutting through the escalating snowstorm.

Katrina, ever the protector, calls out, "Gather around!" As they huddle close, she summons a robust geo shield, enveloping them in a protective embrace against the blizzard's fury.

When they finally reach the edifice, it reveals itself to be a jail, standing solemnly amidst the snowdrifts.

Everyone can only watch in anticipation.

Seeking refuge behind a boulder, the girls shield themselves from the vigilant gaze of the guards.

"This must be the place where they're holding our parents captive," Katrina whispers, conviction in her voice.