Echoed

"Oh, it smells like a ramen again!" Hiyori took off his shoes, still standing. Jun had already walked farther into the room.

"Again?" Jun quietly laughed from his nose. (**sorry for interrupting your reading, google says the definition of a quiet sigh/laugh from ur nose is a technically called a snort, so I'm going to be using that word to describe that from now on. Please do not think they're snorting air IN to their nose, and instead OUT of their nose**)

"Yeah, last week it smelled like ramen. Today too." Hiyori walked in, sniffing the air quite funny.

"Yeah," Jun opened the fridge, "I haven't had the time to eat any real food. I have a lot of ingredients ready though, so I'll probably make something today."

"How nice." Hiyori stood in an awkward position, "You know, you should get a couch in here." He didn't really know where to sit.

"As if I had the space." Jun took out some eggs from the fridge and balanced them on the counter. He kept glancing at the other boy.

"You literally have an empty corner right there." Hiyori pointed at the empty corner.

"That's my 'naughty corner'(Most often used to refer to a corner in a classroom where a student is sent as punishment for misbehaving)." Jun laughed. 

"Bet you got sent there a lot." Tomoe said sarcastically, "I'm tired."

"You can sleep on my bed if you want, I'm just gonna make some food and we can have lunch early." Jun turned the heat on.

"Don't mind if I do!" Hiyori jumped onto the twin bed.

Jun just smiled as he saw him adjust the pillow height. It seemed that Tomoe rathered sleep on 2 pillows stacked, quite the opposite of Jun. Now, it was finally quiet.

11;13 AM

Hiyori woke up, finally. He only slept for a few hours but he was generally recharged. There was some music playing in the background though.

"You listen to Metric?" He sat up. "What'd you do?"

"Yeah, I love rock bands. What do you mean?" Jun looked up at him. He was sitting on the floor.

"You're sitting by your naughty corner." He laughed.

"Oh," Sazanami smiled, a small snort leaving his nose and getting up in the process, "The food's cold, but should we eat?" He walked over to the bed.

"Sure, what'd you make?" Hiyori watched him walk over, a sleepy smile on his face.

"Rice and eggs," Jun ruffled Tomoe's hair, "You had a bed-head" He explained himself before Hiyori could even question it. "Could you set the table?"

Hiyori just nodded in response. In a way, he felt comfortable. This whole situation felt pretty natural, as if it was an everyday occurrence.

Jun set up his laptop on the dining table and put one of his favorite movies on. He closed the curtains just so that the right amount of light would be let in, and he sat next to Hiyori.

"It's cold." Hiyori complained, mixing his food together.

"Not my fault you woke up like 2 hours late." Jun looked at him, "And, you're right. I should buy a couch.." 

"Haha!" Hiyori laughed, already knowing why Sazanami was complaining, "You could've just sat on the bed." But he realized he was a burden.

A few minutes of silence. Well, they were watching the movie, but it wasn't quite narrative.