ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ

— CHAPTER ONE —

"Who wants to read?" asked Hazel with the first book on her hand

"Me! Me! Pleaaase" said Sirius running to grab the book before anyone could.

"I have never seen you like this" said Remus looking weirdly at his friend.

"But it is the story about my good daughter Moony, of course I want to read"

"She hasn't said that" argue Remus, he also could be his godfather.

Hazel sat between George and Ron while Sirius got ready to start reading.

Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.

"Who are they?" asked James confused. "I want to read about my daughter not this weird people"

Lily though that the surname was very familiar, but she couldn't remember from where.

They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.

Mr Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large moustache. Mrs Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbours.

Ok, so that was clearly Petunia and her boyfriend who she knows now it will be her future husband. But it was weird that the book started with them when it had her daughter's name on it.

The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and, in their opinion, there was no finer boy anywhere.

Ron and Hazel let out a little giggle, no finer boy they said.

The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters.

"Lily, that's us. The Potters" James said shaking Lily's arm. "And you too cub"

Mrs Potter was Mrs Dursley's sister, but they hadn't met for several years; in fact, Mrs Dursley pretended she didn't have a sister, because her sister and her good-for-nothing husband were as unDursleyish as it was possible to be.

Lily just shook her head, she wasn't going to pretend that they had a good relationship, but it kind of hurts her that they had reached that point in the future where they didn't talk anymore.

The Dursleys shuddered to think what the neighbours would say if the Potters arrived in the street. The Dursleys knew that the Potters had a small daughter, too, but they had never even seen her. This girl was another good reason for keeping the Potters away; they didn't want Dudley mixing with a child like that.