ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀɴɪꜱʜɪɴɢ ɢʟᴀꜱꜱ

— CHAPTER TWO —

After a good breakfast and some chats

After a good breakfast and some chats. Dumbledore decided to continue with the reading. "Does somebody want to be the next one to read?" the old wizard asked.

"Me, professor" said McGonagall, she wanted to read so maybe the teenagers wouldn't interview in the reading so much and they would advance faster.

Nearly ten years had passed since the Dursleys had woken up to find their niece on the front step, but Privet Drive had hardly changed at all. The sun rose on the same tidy front gardens and lit up the brass number four on the Dursleys' front door; it crept into their living-room, which was almost exactly the same as it had been on the night when Mr Dursley had seen that fateful news report about the owls. Only the photographs on the mantelpiece really showed how much time had passed. Ten years ago, there had been lots of pictures of what looked like a large pink beach ball wearing different-coloured bobble hats – but Dudley Dursley was no longer a baby,

The marauders along with other people in the room started laughing.

"That wasn't very nice of you" said Lily to her daughter.

"It wasn't me, it was the book" defended herself the girl.

and now the photographs showed a large, blond boy riding his first bicycle, on a roundabout at the fair, playing a computer game with his father, being hugged and kissed by his mother. The room held no sign at all that another kid lived in the house, too.

"Did you still live there, or did we manage to steal you from that horrid place?" Sirius asked the girl.

Yet Hazel Potter was still there, asleep at the moment, but not for long. Her Aunt Petunia was awake, and it was her shrill voice which made the first noise of the day.

'Up! Get up! Now!'

"That's a horrible way of waking up a kid" said Molly, who had her kids near her playing in the floor. Lily completely agreed with her.

Hazel woke with a start. Her aunt rapped on the door again.

'Up!' she screeched. Hazel heard her walking towards the kitchen and then the sound of the frying pan being put on the cooker.

"You must have a really good hearing if you hear everything from your room" told her Lily

She rolled on to her back and tried to remember the dream she had been having. It had been a good one. There had been a flying motorbike in it. She had a funny feeling she'd had the same dream before.

"Do you remember stuffs from that night?" Lily asked, she was afraid that the answer was yes.

"Some stuffs, not all of it"