Pilot

In Tree Hill, North Carolina, their high school basketball games are always the games to go to.

Everyone gets pumped up before the game and when the Tree Hill Ravens get an inevitable victory. And it seems like they are unstoppable with Nathan Scott, the son of basketball prodigy Dan Scott, as their captain.

"Nathan, remember. 20 shots – no less." Dan drills into his son. "Got it, dad." Nathan mutters as he continues to do his practice shots.

Calista Scott, who just prefers to be called Callie, who has a notebook in her hands, rolls her eyes.

Her and Nathan definitely do not look like brother and sister. While Nathan got the majority of their dad's looks with his dark brown hair and blue eyes, Callie mainly got her mom's with her blonde hair.

Dan might be unaware of it and Nathan might not notice it, but Callie can see that Nathan is slowly becoming disillusioned with basketball, thanks to their dad.

"Quit yakking and warm up." Coach Whitey Durham commands, and Dan takes his cue to get to his seat in the bleachers. Callie makes sure that she is as far away from her dad as humanly possible.

And besides, he doesn't even notice her, so why would she care?

For a good long while, the Ravens were kicking ass in the court. Callie is practically deafened by the cheers from everyone around her as she is writing down what is going on. She doesn't notice what happened, as Whitey is now irritated with his team.

"You guys are stinking up the place! Time-out!" Whitey yells.

Callie didn't know what happened because the next thing she knew, Tim Smith, Nathan's best friend (or parasite, according to her) replaced Nathan.

For some time, the Ravens were not performing as good. Even though Nathan can be ignorant and arrogant, Callie does not deny that he has a talent in basketball. Whitey then lets Nathan back in the game with 20 seconds left of the game.

And in the end, Nathan makes the winning shot.

Callie writes up the last of her notes before booking it out of the gymnasium.

The blonde is now sitting patiently on the bench. "Hey." she hears someone say to her. Callie looks up and sees that it is Peyton Sawyer, Nathan's girlfriend and a cheerleader for the Ravens. "Hey."

Callie and Peyton do not really know each other. All that Peyton knows about Callie is that she is Nathan's sister and that she is a part of the school's newspaper. Though Callie has no room to pry in someone's relationship, she notices how Nathan can be a real shitty boyfriend to Peyton and that she deserves a lot more than that.

"You okay?" Peyton asks. She is one of the only people that noticed Callie leaving as soon as the final shot made it in the basket. "I kind of had to get out of there. I didn't want my head to explode." Callie responds to her.

"Hey, you need a ride?" Peyton asks. She knows that Nathan is going to be unaware and she doesn't want to leave Callie by her lonesome. However, the blonde shakes her head. "It's fine. I already have a ride." she tells her.

As if on cue, a black Camaro rolls up in front of the two. "Hey, Callie, you ready to leave?" the driver asks, it reveals to be Zach Hyde.

Zach Hyde is an enigma to everyone in Tree Hill. It seems like the high school senior doesn't care about anything and everyone seems to avoid him because they all think that he is antisocial. The students in Tree Hill high would call him a freak because of all of those reasons and the fact that he lives on the wrong side of the tracks.

It was two years ago in his sophomore year when spotted the lonely soul of a freshman Calista Scott.

Within those two years of dating, nobody is aware about the relationship between the two and nobody suspects a thing.