Crash Into You

Callie makes her way downstairs after getting ready for the game. Surprised was quite the understatement when she saw her mom in the kitchen with dinner prepared.

"Callie, sweetheart." Deb Scott croons as she hugs her daughter, in which she lightly reciprocates. "Hey, mom."

"Good news, I bought more of that tea that you really like." Deb tells her, putting the box of tea from one of her many trips right in front of her. Callie takes the box.

"Thanks, mom. I'll try it when I get home." Callie thanked.

Callie then flips open her phone to check what time it is because Zach is picking her up from her house. "Hey, check it out. It's called dinner." the blonde hears her mother say. Just by that, Callie senses that Nathan and her father have entered the kitchen.

"Who is that lady? Is that my wife?" Dan asks his son before turning back to Deb.

Callie peers over the window to see if her boyfriend is near, and as if she wished for it on command, she does see Zach's car rolling up on the driveway. With her messenger back on her shoulder, she is about to dart out of the house.

"Whoa, whoa, Callie, what's the rush?" Deb asks, taken aback by how quickly her daughter is moving.

"My friend showed up and is dropping me off at school for the game." Callie answers, lightly lying about the whole thing. She is able to leave the house before any further questioning.

Callie briskly walks over to the car and gets in the passenger seat. "Let's go, now. I don't want my parents to ask you any questions." she tells him.

"Your mom's home?" Zach asks, causing Callie to give him a look of disbelief. "That's what you got out of that?" she asks. Zach didn't say anymore as he pulled out of the driveway and off to school.

Zach pulls up to the school as almost the entire student body is piling in. Callie is about to leave, but Zach stops her. "Hey, listen, I can't pick you up tonight. My boss put me on for tonight." Zach tells her.

Callie just shrugs. She can't control her boyfriend's schedule, so why should it bother her? "Okay." she tells him as she gets out of the car.

Like normal, she sits in the front row of the bleachers, notebook in hand. Also like normal, the Ravens won again.

How was it different this time around, one might ask Callie? Tim Smith, who is known to be Nathan's lapdog, passes Lucas the ball. In addition, Brandon has also made several passes to Lucas as well, as he was wide open.

Callie is risking the walk home. As she is walking on the edge of the road, a Ford Bronco is coming near her. She steps onto the gravel, just to get out of the way. "Hey, there, partner." she hears. Callie looks over to see Brandon driving slowly to keep up with her pace.

"Uh, hi." Callie greets. "Is there any reason you are pissing off the people behind you?"

"No reason. Just saw a familiar face and thought to myself that this is how every true crime event started. Didn't want you to be another statistic." Brandon responds to her.

"Oh, how I am so honored." Callie retorts, sarcastically, as she continues walking.

"Hey, Scott, that means I can give you a ride." Brandon tells her. Callie's feet are killing her, so she takes up that opportunity and gets into his truck.

"So, is there any reason why you are walking home?" Brandon asks her. He already knows about her relationship with Zach, she might as well be honest.

"Zach had to work." Callie tells him, simple as that. "Ah..." Brandon draws out in realization.