Stay with Me, Forever

A/N Here is my Halloween treat for you! It is dark so please heed the warnings. This idea was inspired by one of the first conversations the scobby gang had over on discord. 

Warnings: the mind of a serial killer and talk of cannibalism

It was almost too easy. Why didn't I think of this before? When I searched her phone and found her boyfriend's number, I was convinced that he would just go to the police. It was risky, but that is where the excitement is. The adrenaline that coursed through my veins when I sent him my number was delicious. The feeling let me know I was alive!

And then something completely unexpected happened. A hacker? Who was this mystery person? I played along using my sweet naïve persona. The one that no one ever sees passed. This Jake was no different.

He was distant at first, but how enjoyable it was to chip away at his walls. He trusted me! That was his biggest mistake. But how to get him within reach? This was the greatest challenge I have ever faced. It consumed me. I wondered what he looked like. Was he a slim wiry man or one beefy with muscles? He was on the run, clearly, he had to be fit in some way. The need to know only grew stronger as the days passed.

This group was going to be mine. All of them. I moved closer to this small town, Duskwood. It was the perfect place to hide out. These surrounding woods offered much cover and privacy. Hannah had been easily taken. She was paranoid. Convinced that some legend had come to life to haunt her. I still have a few choice bits in the deep freezer in the basement of this rundown cabin. It was luck to find such a perfect place. One that still had running water and electricity.

And then the cheerful mechanic. I lured him into the woods with ease. Honestly, it was anger that made me do it that time. Normally, I hunt and plan with the calmest of quiet minds, but this time I acted fast and caused his death swiftly. It was the hacker's fault. He suddenly stopped communications! Just up and disappeared. I was sure I had lost. That my one consuming goal was never to be fulfilled.

Richy turned out to be quite tasty, however. I even messaged Cleo for a few meat pie recipes. That made me laugh. If only she knew what my choice of meat had been! My anger had been unfounded though. The hacker started messaging again and the dark pleasure of my greatest hunt was on again. But I had to lure this one out of hiding. Oh, the challenge of it all was sweet indeed.

And then there was the bartender. What fun that was! I showed myself in the early morning hours just before his bar was about to close. Of course, he flirted with me with the first words he spoke. It was almost too easy to seduce him into taking me back to his place. And when I bit into his neck, he was all for it. Little did he know what a turn-on it was for me. Like a light appetizer before the feast. The sex was amazing! I give him credit, he totally lived up to his reputation as a playboy. I can see what the girls wanted from him. It was almost too bad that I couldn't keep him around a bit longer. But I had to stick to the plan. It wouldn't do to be caught because of something as meaningless as sex.

His sister, Jessy was easily convinced that he was in prison. She would never get any information from the local police because they didn't know anything. While I enjoyed my meal of bartender au naturel, I convinced the remaining group that they should gather together. What a delightful plan it was, ensuring that they would all be in one place. Now if I could just lurk my prize, my hacker, into the trap.

Dan was the only one not at the cabin. It seemed he had been in contact with Alan the police chief. This was starting to be a growing concern. I couldn't see how they would be on to me, but it nagged at the back of my mind. No matter. My ultimate goal was within reach. The hacker was coming to Duskwood. I wondered what Lilly and Jessy would think when the truth finally came out and I was long gone. To know that I had taken their siblings. That they fed me all those weeks we were talking. That I lounged with my meals while texting and talking to them. How sweet that feeling was. To continue the charade with my meal's loved ones while filling my insatiable hunger.

And here he is before me. My hacker. My Jake. I would almost say that I have feelings for him underneath the usual dark cravings. But it is preposterous that someone like me could feel anything as mundane as love. His hair is black, just as he said. Tall, dark, and handsome. Life on the run has forced him not to slack on maintaining his body. He is strong and nimble. I could totally see him doing parkour to get away from his pursuers.

"MC, we meet at last. Though I wish the circumstances were different."

Perhaps, I also wish the circumstances were different. This feeling is so foreign to me.

"Jake, now that we are together, promise you will stay with me forever?"

"I want nothing more than to have you by my side."

And I want nothing more than to have you inside, as my body takes nourishment from yours. My sweet, delicious Jake. You will be with me forever.

"Jake, do you like BBQ sauce?"