𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 | 𝟸𝟸 𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢

[A/N] this is probably the longest chapter i've ever written... so, grab a snack, drink and blanket! and prepare to feel every emotion :)
also, merry christmas and happy new year!

 so, grab a snack, drink and blanket! and prepare to feel every emotion :)also, merry christmas and happy new year!

╔. ■ .═══════╗

22 February 2006

WEDNESDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 flickered; mosquitos and moths drifting around the illumination as if it were a lifeline.

Takemichi stood wide-eyed as he stared down at [y/n], who continually glared at the floors, hands shaking in cold sweats as she condemned herself for how the events have played out. Takemichi then took a quick side glance to his right – towards Mikey who sat two seats down from [y/n].

The physical distance between the two also acted as the metaphorical rift that began to grow, having Takemichi spiralling and his breathing faltering in his throat.

Takemichi's lips parted as if to speak, but the words stayed confined within his mind.

Clenching his fists, Takemichi swallowed every ounce of pride, "this might seem... like a real thoughtless thing to say right now, but..." Takemichi began, sitting down on the backs of his heels to face [y/n], "today's our showdown with Tenjiku... [l/n]-san... without yours, Mikey's or Draken's orders, we can't make a move."

[y/n] didn't respond; body unmoving to give any indication she was even listening.

"[l/n]-san..." Takemichi called again, clenching his teeth as his eyes began to blur his surroundings, "I–I know... the one who... killed Emma-chan was... Kisaki!" He shouted, falling onto his knees, head bowed.

"Knowing him, he probably did some crafty shit to make sure he'd never get caught by the cops," Takemichi spat, lips curling into a scowl, "[l/n]-san, I'll fight Tenjiku alone if I have to," he declares, staggering back onto his two feet, "but... I also know... that you'll want to, too."

The notion had [y/n] slowly glancing upwards, jaded eyes meeting Takemichi's sorrowful ones.

Reaching into his pocket, Takemichi grasped onto a piece of jewellery, holding out the necklace by the chain, "I found this on the side walk," he explains, watching as the locket spun and swung at his movements.