27

The factory entrance disappeared behind a thick cloud of dust and smoke and the loud bang that had sent everyone going crazy was faltering, but still ringing a bell in Emma's ears

The factory entrance disappeared behind a thick cloud of dust and smoke and the loud bang that had sent everyone going crazy was faltering, but still ringing a bell in Emma's ears. The door had been blasted through by the Bombarda Maxima spell and footsteps thundered through the large opening.

Emma could feel her heart swell with relief at the sight of a black-haired man wearing glasses rushing through the room, his wand in front of him in preparation for any threat. He wore a dark navy coat and used his sleeve to cover the lower half of his face from the clouds of dust and smoke. 

Saying nothing, Emma pushed past Draco and tore off towards the room Jakob was always hiding out in. She ignored the sounds of Draco calling out for her, telling her to wait for him and let him catch up, and stopped before the mahogany door. 

The door had a fresh coat of paint-- if anything, it looked like it was simply a replacement for whatever ancient door was here before. 

"Emma, wait! We need Potter first, we can't just rush in there without our wands!" 

She ignored Draco and right as he caught up with her, she barged into the door. What lay before her made her heart drop and a lump manifested itself in her throat. 

It looked like a medical room and a laboratory all in one. Three quarters of the room was medical equipment, a steel table in the centre with a pale little Mia laying on it with a tube connected to her arm and crimson liquid flowing through it into large vials. The remaining quarter of the room was a long table with expensive looking fancy microscopes and other experimental equipment. Emma couldn't imagine what the room looked like to someone like Draco, who halted in his tracks when he caught up with her. 

Jakob turned around quickly, a vial of Mia's blood in his hand. He was out of his cult robes and dressed in scrubs and a face mask. There was a woman in the room by the microscopes dressed in a white coat, her short blonde hair tied back and a pair of glasses too big for her face glued in front of her eyes. The woman stopped what she was doing and stood from her seat, moving forwards to, seemingly, protect the science equipment. 

"Mia!" Emma cried, ignoring Jakob's threats and darting forward towards her unconscious daughter. She didn't know what to do. Could she just detach the tube from Mia's arm? What if blood spurted from her arm once it was removed?

"Get back!" Jakob said, ditching the vial of blood and instead reaching for a long knife from on top of the cabinet behind him. He held it out as a way to protect himself, and began to approach Emma with it to back her off from Mia. "How did you two get out? How?"

There was another loud bang from downstairs and a man yelling. Jakob's eyebrows furrowed as he looked towards the door. "What's going on down there?"

"Where are our wands?" Draco demanded, allowing himself to walk into the room and go through all the drawers from the cabinets and desks.