CHAPTER 2 | A NEW WORLD

"Malakai. Name's Malakai. Divine right? Truly divine from what I see if you ask me. Don't get it twisted. "

"What? You tryna get a piece?"

"Nah I want all of you.

He leaned in.

"And that's not something we can debate about."

...

" A NEW WORLD "

" A NEW WORLD "

...

"You gon keep flirting or miss out on this pretty face?"

"Ight ight fine let's get to talking."

He and I along with his gang walked up to the meet-up place. As soon as mine saw me it was on sight and they immediately guarded me clutching their straps.

"Hey, hey we cool. Lower 'em down."

They put their guard down for the time being but I could tell if anything was off bullets would be flying.

"So tell me what did Trevante have in mind for us?"

"He ain't tell you?"

"Mothafucka texted me at 3 in the morning my ass was busted down to my bed what you think?"

He busted out laughing and so did his other little friends.

"Knowing how things work around here ma we gon have to be in this business for a while so first things first let's get to know a lil bit about each other."

"What you want to know?"

"What you got going for you back in New York huh?"

I looked back to my men mostly just Rex. He nodded his head scooting closer to me in reassurance. His hand slithered around the side of my waist while I tracked how Malakai's eyes glared as he did so.

"A new girl came rolling into town thinking she can rule over what I built. She wanna be all tough and run us out getting the feds on us but I know better. I'm not gonna pussy out with just a little scare. If it's a game she wants I'm all in. I know what I want."

"Damn you fiesty fiesty...even better. You know what you want I respect that"

"I'm a woman of my word."