Chapter One: Rose

Third-Person POV

Ring... Ring... Buzz... Ring... Ring... Buzz

"Nina can you get my phone please, it should be on the living room table." The red-headed women yelled out to her friend from the kitchen.

"It's some unknown caller, here I got the food go find out what they want." Nina tells Samara as they switch places, Samara taking the phone and heading out of the kitchen while Nina takes over cooking.

When the women got to the backyard she answered. "Hello, can I help you." Samara questioned the person on the other end of the phone call. "Hi, Samara." The voice sounded foreign yet so well-known even after all these years. "Grayson, I thought how we left it last was a silent yet ear-piercing agreement to never speak to each other again." Samara said propping her free arm into the one holding the phone.

" Samara said propping her free arm into the one holding the phone

"Yes, I remember, but things change and I need your help." "What could you possibly need my help with." The women aksed.

"Titans 2.0, three teens that want to make a difference but need a better teacher then we had, one who is able to be firm and gentle, but also determined and connect with them in a way I would not be able to do fully. They need a parental figure is what I'm saying I guess." The man on the phone explained. "Yes I could be this myself if I really tried but I believe I would slip or make a mistake and I don't want them to be taught like we were, to be cold." "Dick grayson admiting he might make a mistake. "What are their names."

"Rachel Roth, Garfield Logan, and Jason todd. Jason is the new robin, and Bruce thought it would do him good to join me, Rachel, and Gar because he has sort of anger issues." Dick told Samara as she took a seat on the swing. "How long would you expect me to stay and help." She asked. "However long you want or think fit to teach them not to turn into me or bruce." He told her, his voice sounding genunie.

"Two and a half months that's it then I leave, understood." Samara told him with a serious voice. "Okay, thank you." He kindly said. "Your welcome, and by the way you are not bruce, Dick." She told him. "Okay I'll text you where to come, good bye." Dick told Samara. "Bye"

_____________

"Okay." Samara sighed turning off her phone and walking back inside. She made her way through the kitchen and down the hallway to her room as her friend followed behind. "Well, who was it." Nina questions. "An old friend." Samara tells Nina.

"A friend." Nina gave a knowing yet disaproving look. "Yes Nina. Now I have to take a trip for about two and a half months I'll be back every so often and call. I need you and Maryanna to take care of each other" Samara explained to her friend with a pleading look as she started to pack a suit case.