Chapter 2

The next day, I made sure that I looked my best in a maroon three-piece suit. I wanted to make the best impression possible on the tenants. And I was a lawyer after all, so I had to make sure to look the part.

At half past two, I made my way down to the dance studio where the tenants were gathered. They rose when I entered the room. The only person that I knew in the room was Mr. Nam. I walked to the front of the room, trying to ignore their curious looks. 

I bowed politely and said, "Hello, everyone. Most of you don't know me, except for Mr. Nam. As you all know, Hong Chayoung is currently away and she knew that you would need help so she sent me. I'm her cousin, Attorney Lee Jiyoung. I visited here previously to attend my uncle, Hong Yoo-chan's funeral. That's how Mr. Nam knows me. I hope to get to know you all and hope that we get along." 

Mr. Nam said, smiling, "She doesn't seem like it at first everyone, but she's a real sweetheart when you get to know her." Mr. Nam began introducing everyone to me and I made sure to memorize their names. Mr. Nam pointed at the man from last night and said, "And this is Mr. Vincenzo Cassano. He'll be working with us at Jjipuragi." 

A shiver ran through me as Mr. Nam introduced the man. He was Vincenzo Cassano, the most renowned and respected mafia consigliere in all of Italy. Not to mention that his name was familiar, considering that we were both Italian mafias.

I said, hiding my surprise, "Vincenzo Cassano? I believe we've met." Vincenzo smiled blindingly and said, "Indeed we have, Ms. Lee. You're the first one to pronounce my name correctly." 

One of the tenants, Larry said, "Well then, welcome Jiyoung. You'll be a nice addition to the Geumga family. Where are you from?". Before I could answer, Mr. Nam said, "Oh, she's from many places. She was born in Korea and she moved to Italy when she was 5. When she was 8, she left to the States to study abroad. She returned to Italy when she was 18 and finished her law degree there. Am I right, Jiyoung-ah?". 

I had been watching Vincenzo's reaction while Mr. Nam was speaking so I had noticed the surprise in Vincenzo's eyes when Mr. Nam explained that I was from Italy. I startled at the sound of my name and stammered out, "Right as always, Mr. Nam."Chef Toto said, "At last, yet another Italian! I'll cook for you later, a signature Italian dish!". 

Vincenzo said, grinning, "Il suo cibo non è davvero cosi buono(His food really isn't that good)." I grinned back and said, "Non posso distruggere le sue speranze però(I can't crush his hopes though)." Vincenzo laughed and this earned a chorus of 'oohs' and 'wows' from the rest of the tenants.

Mr. Nam said proudly, "See, I told you that she'd get along well! Alright, enough talk. It's about time we showed Jiyoung around the office." With that, the tenants dispersed. 

Mr. Nam, Vincenzo and I headed to Jjipuragi and when we arrived, Vincenzo said, "Chayoung won't be back for at least 8 months. And she wants you to have her desk." I nodded.

The rest of the day was spent with the tenants. After dinner, I headed back to my apartment and decided to change into my sleepwear.

I didn't even realize that the living room window, which I locked in the morning, was now open.