Chapter 7

That night, after the Geumga tenants celebrated getting Hanseok's documents without getting caught, I told them that I wouldn't be joining them for dinner. I headed back to my apartment because I was so tired. After I changed into my pyjamas, my phone suddenly rang.

I answered the phone. It was my childhood best friend, Yoo Sijin. I said, "Sijin-ah! It's been a long time since you called. How are you?". Sijin said, "Jiyoung-ah, your dad told me that you had moved back to Korea. And I had a holiday today, so I'm coming over for dinner. I'll be there in 10 minutes, okay? Put a nice drama on! See you soon!". I ended the call happily and went to put 'Goblin' on. 

Exactly 10 minutes later, a knock sounded on the door and I went to open it. It was Sijin. I immediately ran and hugged him and he spun me around, both of us laughing. Sijin said, "Jiyu, how have you been? I should've visited earlier." I said, "I'm good, Sijinie. Come in. How are you?".

After Sijin came in, he said, "I'm good. I've had a tough couple of day though." I nodded. Just then, another knock sounded on the door. I went to open it. It was Vincenzo. At the same time, Vincenzo and Sijin said, "Jiyoung, who's this?".

After I introduced them to each other, Vincenzo said he's stay for dinner and Sijin went to cook. Vincenzo sat on the couch while I set out the plates on the coffee table. Vincenzo said, "So, Sijin-ssi, you said you were here for a holiday?". Sijin replied with a smile, "Ah, yes. I'm a soldier. I'm a Major and I'm also the Captain of the Alpha Team." Vincenzo nodded thoughtfully. It made me happy to see them get along, especially considering there was a bit of tension when I first introduced them.

Vincenzo said, "How do you and Jiyoung know each other?". Sijin said, smiling, "Our parents are friends. So we practically grew up together but then Jiyoung moved away. We kept in touch though, and we went to school together and were roommates in the States." 

Vincenzo smiled lightly and said, "What was your first impression of Jiyoung?". Sijin smiled fondly and said, "She was adorable, honestly. She acts tough and her words may be sharper than anything else but she's actually sensitive and likes to be taken care of, even if she doesn't show it. Ahem, Jiyoung....". 

I protested, "Yah, Yoo Sijin!". Sijin laughed and said, "Come here." I walked over and Sijin fed me a spoon of japchae to taste-test. Vincenzo saw this and I noticed that his smile dropped instantly. I said, "It needs a bit more pepper, that's it." Sijin returned to cooking.

Instead of going back to the coffee table, I hugged Sijin from behind and hid my face in his shoulder. I sighed deeply, basing in the calmness and happiness that I felt now that Sijin was here. I said, "Sijin-ah, you should visit more often. I didn't realize how much I missed you until now." Sijin chuckled and said, "Jiyu, as much as I want to stay like this, the japchae is done. Let's eat."

We moved to the coffee table with the japchae where we got ready to eat. As we passed around the japchae, I noticed that Vincenzo had a dark look in his eyes. After both guys had left after dinner, I was walking back into my apartment when I felt something hit me hard in the back of the head. And then everything went black.