Chapter 4

The next day, I rushed down to the Jjipuragi Law Firm, hoping that Vincenzo and Mr. Nam wouldn't notice that I was late. Unfortunately, I got intercepted by Vincenzo at the door.

He said sternly, "Lee Jiyoung, you're already late on the first day! This is not how we do things here! Do you think this is a cafe or something where you can come and go as you please?!". I bowed slightly and said, "I'm sorry, something came up. It won't happen again. I apologize." Vincenzo said, "Learn some manners next time! It better not happen again!". With that, he walked off to the elevator.

I entered the office and put my briefcase on my desk. I said, exasperated, "What's wrong with him today? Yeah I was late, but that doesn't mean he can scold me so harshly!". Mr. Nam grimaced and said, "He's just in a bad mood. He got some bad news from one of the witnesses for the case." I asked, "Why? What happened?".

Mr. Nam sighed and replied, "Babel brought out our witness. Now, we've lost a crucial edge. At this rate, we'll lose the case." I asked, "And Vincenzo's in a bad mood because of this?". Mr. Nam said, "Yes, and the fact that if we go to the next trial and we don't have this witness, our case could get dismissed as a case of perjury and contempt of court. That's why he's so upset."

I said, "Don't worry, I'll take care of it. I need the witness's details, please." Mr. Nam said, "His name is Kim Daemyung. Works as a doctor. He examined the Babel researchers after the testing of RDU-90."

20 minutes later, I was hanging Kim Daemyung upside down from a building. I said, "This is the last time I'm asking, will you give the proper testimony at the court?". Kim Daemyung screamed, "If I do, Jang Hanseok will kill me!". I snarled, "If you don't, I'll kill you! Choose!". Daemyung cried, "Okay! Okay! I'l testify properly, just please let me live!". 

I dropped him on the floor and said, "Good. And don't even think of changing sides. If you do, you'll see a different side of me. Understood?". Daemyung nodded, whimpering in fear. I headed back to the Plaza.

Once I arrived at Jjipuragi, Mr. Nam said, "Great news! The witness just called to say that he'll only testify the truth! What did you do, though?". I said, "Nothing. I just gave him a little clarity, that's all." Just then, Vincenzo came in, radiating an aura of anger and darkness. It seems he hadn't heard the news yet.

Mr. Nam said, "Vincenzo, great news! The witness said he'd testify only the truth! It's all thanks to Jiyoung here!". Vincenzo said, "Really? Thanks to Lee Jiyoung?". The aura of anger around him seemed to disappear as he turned to me, trying to hide his smile. I said teasingly, "Vincenzo Cassano, try to smile more. It makes you look more nice." 

Vincenzo said, "Mr. Nam, Jiyoung and I are meeting Jang Hanseo after lunch. Also, could you please get us coffee? We deserve a break." Mr. Nam nodded and left. I said, "We're meeting Jang Hanseo?". Vincenzo nodded and said, "Also, the mafia thing will be our secret. Until you decide to reveal it." I nodded.

Vincenzo said, "Don't worry, Jang Hanseo's nothing like his brother. I figure you'll like him." I nodded, both excited and nervous to meet the brother of our enemy, one of the most crucial edges we had in this war.