Chapter 1

Chapter 1. A Fatal Strike

In the white prison separated by four streamer walls, a girl in white clothes was soaking all over her body, coughing violently on the ground, her fair skin was flushed with a thin layer of blush, and she seemed to be struggling even to breathe.

She raised her head suddenly, turned her big wet eyes like a deer, trying to figure out the current situation, only to find that there were countless glowing boxes floating around her, and the streamer air walls on both sides poured out ghostly symbols like golden waterfalls. .

Is this weird anti-gravity scene a dream?

Just as she was thinking about propping herself up and preparing to stand up, cold mechanical voices sounded from all around.

"Ordinary human Xia Yufei, you have seen something you shouldn't have seen. Follow the regulations of the Interstellar Federation and clear it up immediately!"

As the voice disappeared, a stream of blood fell from Xia Yufei's forehead, and her pupils instantly became like frightened rabbits. The redness spreads.

The moment she felt her heart stop, the blood drops suspended in the air, and time seemed to stand still, only the images of memories flashed back and forth in front of her eyes like a revolving lantern...

a day ago.

In the towering skyscrapers, half are hard-working elites, and the other half are inanimate machines.

Some of them are humanoid intelligent robots, some are mechanical arms used for production, and some are half-human, half-vehicle handling machines equipped with wheels...

Although they have different shapes, this group of machines have one thing in common, that is, absolute obedience to orders , working according to the program at an inhuman speed without getting tired.

It should have been three years since such a pilot project of man and machine working together?

As a graduate of a prestigious school, Xia Yufei sighed, her delicate makeup couldn't hide her current fatigue.

At an age when she should be blooming like a flower, she has a sense of maturity that does not match her age, like a child who has stolen an adult's new clothes, sitting in a uniform with a group of middle-aged people who have been smoothed by life and have no expression It seems very abrupt.

At this time, Xia Yufei, who had a dull expression, was looking at the figure of the robot outside the corridor fascinated.

Coming from the countryside, she wanted to change her destiny since she was a child, so she studied desperately. She competed with outstanding elites from all over the country for admission places. After studying hard for more than ten years, she finally got into the prestigious school of finance that everyone envied. , but never thought that after graduation, he would encounter a great change of the times-the advent of the new era of machine intelligence.

With just one algorithm, those robots can easily complete the daily workload of ordinary people.

Xia Yufei's sense of crisis grew day by day, and she even felt that it would be a sin to stop and rest.

She really wanted to take root in this city, and wanted to bring her grandparents who brought her up from the countryside to live in a splendid manner, and honor them instead of her parents who would never come back again, but the reality made her It is like an ox carrying a heavy load, walking in the mud and unable to move.

Faced with such an irresistible environment, what can she do to change her, a tiny ordinary person?

Xia Yufei shook her head helplessly, not daring to stop to give herself any time to breathe, so she gritted her teeth and squeezed her numb, red and swollen wrist. He continued typing on the keyboard at his workstation to make a rustling sound.