XIV. Words Are easy, Like the Wind

As (Y/N) slowly came to, he could hear Vi and Caitlyn arguing nearby.

"I knew it was a mistake trusting you," Caitlyn was saying.

"You've been a real picnic yourself," Vi retorted.

"I'm not the one who walked us into, not one, but two of Silco's traps!" Caitlyn shot back.

"This isn't Silco. It's someone else."

"How do you know?"

"'Cause we'd already be dead."

"Oh, very nice."

(Y/N) opened his one eye and immediately saw that there was a sack over his head, obscuring his vision. He could still feel his eyepatch on his face. At least they were kind on that subject. He couldn't see where they were, but it sounded like Vi was somewhere to his right and Caitlyn was on his right.

It was then he noticed the metal chains keeping his arms bound. So they knew (Y/N) could break out of simple ropes.

(Y/N) reached for the knife in his gauntlet, but found the slot completely empty. They'd known to take his weapons.

"When were you planning to tell me that your lunatic sister works for him?" Caitlyn asked Vi.

"Just as soon as you came clean about what the hell you're really doing down here."

"I told you the truth."

"Yeah, right. What was that glowing stone?"

(Y/N) heard Caitlyn sigh on his right.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Vi said.

"(Y/N), you're being oddly silent," Caitlyn said. "What do you know?"

"I think he's still out," Vi said.

"No, I'm here," (Y/N) said. "I only know as much as Vi does. You know, being from the Undercity and all."

(Y/N) heard the doors to the room suddenly open.

"What's going on?" Caitlyn asked frantically.

"Hey, stop!" Vi shouted. "Get your hands off of me!"

"Leave her alone!" Caitlyn yelled as (Y/N) was also grabbed.

"Please don't shoot me with drugs again," (Y/N) said as he was pulled to his feet. "That was enough of a trip the first time."

"No time for jokes!" Vi scolded him.

"I wasn't joking!"

Caitlyn continued to plead as Vi and (Y/N) were forced out of the room. They were taken to a different room several feet away and put on their knees.

Their captors removed the bags from their heads. (Y/N) immediately looked over to Vi and saw she had a few cuts and bruises, but seemed fine otherwise. Looking down at himself, (Y/N) could see they hadn't bothered to remove his armor - just his weapons.

(Y/N) looked up and saw the leader of the group standing over him and Vi.

"You shy?" Vi asked. "Or just ugly?"

The leader removed his mask, which hissed with air before dropping to the ground.

The person was older than when (Y/N) had last seen him, but he recognized him nonetheless.

It was Ekko.

"You look good for a couple of dead people," He remarked before holding up a small cylindrical case. He opened it to reveal the blue gemstone Jinx and Caitlyn had been after. "What do you know about this?"