With a Burning Passion

To say I hated Dean Portman was an understatement. To say I loathed him was putting it nicely. I wanted to kill this boy.

Ever since I met him he's been an asshole. Always picking fights with me, always pranking me, getting Fulton to tease me too. I hate it. I hate him.

When he first joined the team, I wanted to beat the shit out of him. Now, I wanna see his face smashed into the sidewalk.

I can NOT stand Dean Portman with his stupid hair, his stupid face, his stupid leather jacket, and his stupid "Sorry, Babe." I'm not your fucking 'babe', Dean.

Every time I have the fucking puck, I fall flat on my ass with Dean skating away, blowing me a kiss.

Today's practice I tried my absolute hardest to stay away from him so he wouldn't knock me down. I tried so hard that he sent Dwayne to chase me into him.

Dwayne was rather successful seeing as I crashed straight into Portman, who thought it would be a good idea to pick me up and throw me over his shoulder.

"DEAN!" I yelped, slapping his back.

"Y/N! Babe!" He laughed, skating around as I kicked and screamed trying to break loose.

"Put me down, now!" I growled, pulling off my helmet and hitting him with it.

"Ouch, hey, okay okay. Calm down, babe." He hissed in pain and set me down.

"I'm not your babe." I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Okay, whatever." He threw up his arms and skated towards Fulton.

I scowled and skated towards Connie. I could see the two bash brothers headed for the locker room from the corner of my eye.

"Hey, Y/N." Connie beamed, holding hands with Guy.

"Hey Y/N/N." Guy greeted me, using their intertwined hands to spin his girlfriend around.

"Hey Connie, hey Guy." I sighed.

Connie, Guy, and I chatted for a while before I skated off to the locker room. Most people had already left but I knew there would be some stragglers.

I could hear two voices behind the door but I couldn't tell who they belonged to or what they were saying. Ignoring it, I stepped inside.

"You have to be nicer to them if you like them, dude. Don't make them hate you anymore than they already do. They-" Fulton stopped when he saw me come in.

"Whatever you two idiots are talking about, I don't care." I rolled my eyes and made my way over to my locker.

"Uh, just think about what I said man. Catch you later." Fulton said to Dean, the two of them holding their helmets and knocking them together.

I pulled off my skates and threw them in my bag.

"Hey.. uh.. Y/N?" Dean scratched the back of his neck with one hand.

"What." I snapped.

"Nevermind..."

★★★