3

Because it was Chloe's first time actually going to an academy and she was extremely uncomfortable wearing the same outfit that every other kid was wearing, Chloe opted for a vintage light purple fairy dress and white platform sneakers, curling her light brown hair and using a white pearl headband to secure it back.

She walked into her first class of the day, Botany with Ms. Thornhill. As she stepped into the classroom, all heads turned to her, she kept a straight face but subtly tilted her head to the side. Ms. Thornhill rushed over to her and held out her hand to shake. Chloe looked at her and sighed, giving the older woman her hand, she was too peppy.

"Miss Plouton, it's an honor. "

"Yes. I'd imagine so."

Ms. Thornhill turned to the class with an air of pride on her face and said, "Class, this is your new classmate, Miss Chloe Plouton. I expect all of you will make her feel welcomed. This is her first time going to a school with people in her age range."

The students turned to each other and started to whisper. Chloe observed the students until her eyes fell upon Xavier Thorpe, the one boy who made her seemingly-dead heart race. He was whispering to the siren girl who delivered her the school's uniform; his hair was pulled back into a ponytail making his side profile even more attractive. Chloe inhaled and tried to focus on maintaining control. The sound of her name broke her out of her trance. One large-beanie-wearing boy raised his hand and asked, "What kind of outcast are you- like gorgon... werewolf...siren...psychic, something?"

"Ah...I'm a demigod."

The students immediately sat up straight and faced Chloe with their jaws slacked and eyes wide.

"Wait, you're half god?"

"Yes, that is what I just said."

Ms. Thornhill broke the tension, " uh- Miss Plouton, please sit here."

She was pointing to the seat behind Xavier, Chloe nodded and sat down, attempting keeping her eyes off of the handsome face in front of her. Once Ms. Thornhill started class, Chloe looked around to find that all of the students had gotten over the initial surprise and were listening to the teacher explain some rare type of flower and it's properties. She took this chance to observe the boy in front of her.

Suddenly, the boy next to her leaned over to her and whispered, "His name's Xavier."

This startled the girl to the point where she tensed up and went invisible.

The boy's eyes widened, "Your invisible."

The girl became visible, faced him, and forcibly whispered back, "what in Hell was that for?"

"I saw you staring. And you should be able to see that he already has a girlfriend. Bianca."

Chloe raised her eyebrow, whispering, "Meet me in the quad after class." and turned to focus back on Xavier.

not edited. i'll probably start posting longer chapters once the story overlaps with wednesday's timeline but i'll keep posting shorter chapters (about 400-500ish words) for now. i'll try to keep posting everyday while i'm doing the short chapters too. ( i added a picture of what she's wearing from pinterest to try and help.)

thx. :)