10

After eating her dinner, Chloe ventured out into the dormitory hall, wearing a Victorian-Era white laced night gown and a pair of white house-slippers. As she walked around aimlessly, Enid approached her, coming back from Yoko's dorm herself.

"Um, e-excuse me, Chloe... C-can I help you with anything?" Enid sucking a breath, realizing that she probably shouldn't have disturbed the Nevermore royalty. Enid, like many others, thought that Chloe was a villainous person ever since she sent that annoying werewolf's soul to the underworld.

"Yes, where can I find the gloomy girl in black?"

"Wednesday?" Enid paused, "You a-are looking for Wednesday, right? She's short-ish, pale, and glares a lot?"

Enid's words confused Chloe, she had never heard of '-ish' before, but she nodded, confirming the blonde's thoughts. 

"Oh, um, well, she's my roommate a-and I'm going back to our dorm so I can -um- lead you there i-if that's fine with you, of course." Enid let out a strained chuckle as she waited for the other girl's answer.

"That would be helpful," - Chloe remembered Envy, her father's favorite deadly sin, had told her that mortals are very stupid and will misunderstand you if you are not clear with your words- "yes." Enid bit her lip and nodded, walking straight to her shared dorm. 

The two girls walked into the blonde's room, the blonde stomping around the brunette when she noticed that are roommate was removing the color from one side of the stain glass window.

"What the hell did you do to my room?" 

The girl in black turned to face the girl in color.

"Dividing our room equally." Wednesday kicked the color panels to Enid's side of the room, having a line down the middle. "It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side." She walked to her desk, sitting in front of her typewriter. 

"I--" Enid tried.

"Silence would be appreciated. This is my writing time." 

Wednesday pulled her sleeves further up her arms and Enid asked, "Your writing time?"

"I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same, vlog might be coherent." Wednesday's typewriter dinged as she created a new line. "I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation."

"I write in my voice." Enid retorted, "It's my truth. It's what my followers love." 

Wednesday turned in her seat, "Your followers are clearly imbeciles." then she approached Enid, "They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures."

Enid let out a small smile, "Uh, you mean, emojis? It's how people express their feelings. I realize that's a foreign concept to you."

"When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind. Rope, shovel, hole." Wednesday walked back to her desk, "By the way, there are two D's in Addams. If you're going to gossip about me, at least spell my name correctly."

In a feeble attempt of retribution, Enid started playing a peppy pop song.

"Turn that off." Wednesday forcefully said as Enid danced around in front of her. "This is your final warning."

Wednesday walked up to Enid. Enid tried to threaten her by growing her claws and growling. "Don't mess with me. This kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them." 

There was a creak of the door as Ms. Thornhill greeted the roommates, a black plant in hand, apologizing about the mud she was tracking in, as  the girls hid the evidence of their argument. 

"I wanted to make sure that Wednesday was settling in." The teacher took notice of their separation and planted one foot on each side of the room. "Ah, is this a bad time?" She walked up to the girls, mostly to Wednesday, "I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you the old Nevermore welcome."

"She's been smothering me with hospitality. I hope to return the favor. In her sleep." Wednesday deadpanned.

"Well, here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory." Ms. Thornhill handed the black plant to Wednesday, "I try to match the right flower to each of my girls. When I read your personal statement in your application, I immediately thought of this one."

"The black dahlia."

"Oh, you know it?"

"Of course. It's named after my favorite unsolved murder... Thank you." 

"Okey-dokey. Before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at 10:00, no loud music, and no boys, ever."

"What's the story about going into the local town?" Wednesday questioned.

"Passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It's a brisk 25-minute walk, or there's a shuttle on the weekends." Ms. Thornhill sighed, "The locals are a tad bit wary about Nevermore, so please don't go making any waves, or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes. That means keep your claws to yourself, and no smothering people in their sleep. Are we clear?" The girls stared at the woman, "Great talk."

Ms. Thornhill went to leave when a lone figure in white scared her half to death.

"Ah! M-Miss Chloe Plouton, w-what are you doing in h-here?" She questioned.

"I believe you don't have the right to ask that." 

"Yes, Miss Plouton." Ms. Thornhill bowed her head as she left in humiliation. 

Chloe turned back towards the girls, who were watching the interaction. Enid made eye contact with Wednesday as she explained, "Found her in the hallway looking for you." Enid shrugged, immediately turned around heading for her bed.

Wednesday sighed, "What do you need Chloe?"

Chloe felt awkward and glanced around the room saying, "I don't really know." She gasped and stared straight at the other girl, "But I do know that Xavier is very handsome, and, as mortals say, hot. I wish for him to become my lover." Chloe grinned as she spilled some of her guts out to Wednesday, who just rolled her eyes and sat back at her desk. Enid, who couldn't help but listen, moved from her laying position on her bed to sitting up, eager to hear more. 

Enid butted into the one-sided conversation, suddenly comfortable with the dangerous demigoddess, "You know, you could just ask Xavier to go on a date with you. I highly doubt anyone in their right mind would reject you."

"Really? What would I do to ask him on a date?"

Wednesday stopped pressing keys on her typewriter and imputed, "You give him a pomegranate and say, 'You are mine, forever.'"

 Chloe giggled, "That's what my father did to get Persephone to be his Queen!"

Enid sternly said, "Chloe do not give him a pomegranate and do not claim him. You just need to go up to him tomorrow and ask him to get coffee with you sometime."

"That sounds less promising than what dad did." Chloe said, her voice thinning out as she spoke.

Wednesday fully turned in her seat, her face was still emotionless as she asked, "Why are you even here? I don't even know you."

"I felt like it." Chloe's face fell as she matched Wednesday's expression.

not edited

thx.