12

"You're face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed." Bianca chuckled as the coach started telling Rowan and Wednesday to head to the nurse's office.

Chloe's breath hitched as Xavier's eyes came to rest on hers. Then, his widened as Xavier noticed he was still holding on to the girl. He let go of her and she gave a disapproving sigh as her body began to feel cold from the loss of his warmth.

"Class dismissed." Mr. Harris chimed.

Xavier rubbed his neck and looked at Chloe. "So," he asked, " how do you know my name? Have you been stalking me or something?"

Chloe heart jumped a beat as her eyes widened, "nO! WhY WoUld i StALk YoU? hAhAhA!" Chloe covered her mouth in shock as her nerves picked up and her chest started to feel stuffy.

Xavier chuckled, "Relax, I'm just joking." He started to walk out of the class as Chloe followed. In fact, she followed him all the way to the men's locker room, only stopping when Xavier turned and asked if she was secretly a man, pointing to the sign on the door.

Chloe waited for him outside the locker room. When other boys came out they took one look at Chloe and ran the other way, whispering to their friends when they far enough. When Xavier finally came out he was dressed in the school uniform and pulled his hair into a ponytail, a few short strands hung beside his face.

They started walking towards the quad in silence as Chloe saw Wednesday walking out of the building where the infirmary was located. Chloe stopped as she got a sinking feeling in her heart, staring at the Wednesday as she also stopped, looking up.

Chloe didn't know what came over her. She had started sprinting towards the girl, yelling Wednesday's name. Xavier paused, watching Chloe tackle Wednesday as a gargoyle fell onto the ground where Wednesday was previously standing. He shouted, "Chloe!" as he ran over to where the two girls lay in the rain. Both of them passed out from the trauma to their heads. He huffed realized he would have to move both of them to the infirmary.

Wednesday woke up first, her eyelids spreading open as she looked at the boy staring down at her. He spoke, "Welcome back." She sat up as he sat down. "Take it easy." he said, "The nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump."

"The last thing I remember I was walking outside feeling a mixture of rage, pity, and self-disgust. I never felt that way before."

"Yeah, losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think."

"And then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and I thought, 'At least I'll have an imaginative death.' Then she tackled me out of the way." Wednesday looked at Chloe who was still sleeping. "Why?"

Wednesday looked at Xavier as he shrugged his shoulders, studying Chloe.

"Call it instinct."

"So, she was guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude?"

Chloe stretched in her bed as she yawned, "Don't most mortals just say 'thank you'?"

"I didn't want to be rescued." Wednesday retorted as Chloe sat up.

"Too bad, I don't know what you think you can do around here, but as long as I'm here, you aren't dying."

"I would have rather saved myself."

Xavier scoffed as both girls looked at him, "Good to see you haven't changed. If it makes you feel any better, let's just say Chloe returned the favor on my behalf." Wednesday looked off to the side in confusion. "Xavier Thorpe? You probably don't remember me. Last time we met, I was about two feet shorter, 40 pounds heavier."

"What happened?" Wednesday questioned.

"Puberty, I guess."

"I meant, what happened last time was met?"

Xavier looked down in embarrassment, as Chloe glared at Wednesday, "Oh. Uh. Yeah, it...it was my godmother's funeral. Apparently she was friends with you grandmother, and they spent their twenties together in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious. I don't know, but we were both ten, and we were bored, decided to play hide and seek. I had the inspired idea of hiding in her casket." Wednesday gave a miniscule smile as she remembered the incident. "I got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium."

"I had heard muffled screams." Xavier nodded as she continued, "I just figured your godmother had somehow cheated death and was trying to claw her way out."

"Either way, you had pressed the big red stop button and saved me from being flame-broiled. So... now we're even."

Chloe sat at the edge of the bed with her arms crossed. She sighed, "Now that you're done reminiscing your past, let's go to the quad before my headache gets any worse." Chloe stood up and stared Xavier in the eye, not knowing if her boost of confidence was from being annoyed that her time with Xavier stolen or if she became insane from the pounding headache she gave herself.

Xavier's face fell as he looked at Chloe's stoic expression. "The nurse said that you received most of the force from the fall so you shouldn't move to much."

"Then, a short walk to my dorm won't hurt." She grabbed Xavier's hand as she dragged him out of the infirmary, giving Wednesday a glare as they left.

"Chloe, you do know that boys aren't allowed to go to the girl's dormitory, right?" Xavier's cheeks turned bright red as he explained, glancing back down at their intertwined hands.

"Mm... No. I didn't know that, but who's going to stop me?" Chloe tilted her head as she started walking in the direction of her dorm, pulling Xavier beside her.

When they got to her dorm, Chloe's headache felt more like a migraine. She hurriedly opened her door, dragged Xavier in, and shut it.

"Sit down and shut up." She commanded of him as she placed a new sketchbook and a pencil in his hands.

Xavier felt extremely confused and flustered at what she was doing. One, she had basically kidnapped him. Two, she took him to her room, the one place where no one was supposed to go. Three, she already had a new sketchbook for him. Chloe nonchalantly lied down as he sat in a white fluffy chair across from her. She placed her hands on her stomach, calmed her breathing, and spoke for the last time for a couple of hours, "I want to see you when I get up, Xavier Thorpe." So, Xavier stayed by her side, forgoing his free-time to draw the girl who had been haunting his psychic dreams since he could remember. And that girl's last thought before falling into a deep sleep was Yep I'm definitely insane.

this isn't edited

a/n) I think Chloe has some issues... P.S pls tell me if something doesn't make sense cuz i rushed this one.

thx.