Forever Rain

Jimin was driving fast, speeding in his expensive car, with a clear destination in mind.

He glimpsed at his phone laying on the passenger seat, messages popping up on the screen.

He let out a desperate sigh and accelerated drastically through the streets of Seoul.

He had received an alarming call from Namjoon, just a few minutes earlier and he couldn't even imagine what was happening now, why he or his other hyungs were trying to contact him.

He took a deep breath as he tried to stop his brain from overthinking, feeling anxious wouldn't do him any good.

Jimin parked in the garage beneath their dorm and quickly made his way into their luxurious apartment.

When he opened the door he saw all of his hyungs - minus Hoseok - coming towards him.

Namjoon was the first one to approach him, "Jimin-ah, everything happened so fast"

Yoongi chimed in, "luckily, we were able to react quickly and we helped Hoseok to bring him here" 

Jimin nodded, appreciating the explanation and how Yoongi had highlighted the fact that Hoseok alone was taking care of him.

He knew it wasn't fair, but his alpha wasn't rational.

His possessive wolf hated the thought of his alpha hyungs staying close to his omega in such a delicate situation.

Hoseok, on the other hand, was a beta and that made his alpha feel more at ease inside of him.

"What happened? he wasn't due now", asked Jimin.

Taehyung came forward behind his hyungs, "I don't know. Suddenly, he began saying frantically that he missed you, that you were far and not coming back to him"

"A panic attack", sighed Jimin.

Jungkook had been struggling with anxiety lately.

It wasn't something unheard of – quite the opposite, in fact, it was quite common among idols to develop severe mental health conditions.

They knew that very well, most of them had experienced some sort of similar issues – although some worse than others.

"But how does that explain this...", commented Taehyung.

Yoongi scratched his chin, "it might have triggered a phantom heat – sometimes omegas go into heat to attract back their alpha if they fear he's abandoning them"

Jimin gaped, "but he had his last day of heat just a few days ago"

"You know how omegas feel very sensitive after their heat, they tend to cling to their alpha the days following it. That, in addition to his delicate mental health...might have triggered this phantom heat", shrugged Yoongi.

Jimin's whole face became tense, "I need to see him"

His hyungs nodded, "Take care of him"Jimin quickly made his way to their bedroom – when he opened the door, he saw Jungkook laying on their bed, a sweating mess as he squirmed restlessly against the mattress as Hoseok gently caressed his hair.

His eyes immediately darted to the omega's face, who was nuzzling his nose into a fabric and the alpha quickly recognized it as being one of his jumpers.

He remembered wearing that jumper the other day, so it probably still had his scent on it.

He closed the door and took a few steps towards the bed, and Hoseok finally noticed him while Jungkook still had his eyes closed as he jerked himself beneath the blanket, his face pressed against the fabric of the jumper.