i have something to tell you (luz)

This chapter was suggested by @Lolbit_wantstodie on ao3! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Luz nervously figets with their sleeves and they keep slipping glances towards eda. Eda is aware of the glances but waits for Luz to tell her what's wrong. She has noticed a change in luz's demeanor recently but she thought there was nothing to worry about. "Hey eda??" Luz says, their heart beating loud in their ears. "Yeah kid" eda responds shifting slightly twords Luz and putting her book down to show she's listening. "Uhh" Luz looks away. Her concerns masked by her smile, Eda places a hand on luz's shoulder. "Take as long as you need kid". Luz smiles "ok"

Luz takes a deep breath in trying to settle their nerves
"eda, I have something to tell you"
Eda face drops a bit 'did she get suspended? Is she hurt?! IS SHE IN TROUBLE?! Bad Sanrios bounce around in her mind.
Luz takes another breathe.

"Eda I'm.  . . Nonbinary" Luz wispers, still questioning a bit whether or not they should tell eda. They knew eda would probably be supportive but they where still worried. "What?" Eda asks not having heard the last bit of what Luz said.

"I'm nonbinary" they say again, this time shouting a bit. edas face stays the same for a second as she processes what Luz said. Then almost instantly her face lights up, a big supportive smile spreads across her face. Apon seeing the supportive face look back at them, Luz untenses and they let out a breath they didn't know they where holding.

Eda quickly pulls them into a hug, Luz chuckles as they think about how much eda used to hate hugs. "I'm so proud of you" eda says. For some reason this hit Liz more than it should, they expected eda to say something else but for some reason saying she's proud of the made them tear up. They snuggle into eda and slightly cry into her shoulder. Eda perks up "why are you crying did I do something- did I hurt you" eda quickly let's go of Luz thinking she hurt them.

"No No it's ok" Luz smiles up at eda and cries some more. Hugging eda once more they can't help but think about their mom, it's been so long since their own mom has said that to them, it just hit them so hard.

Once Luz stops crying they look up at eda, who has a happy yet concerned look on her face. "Thank you eda" they say to her. Eda just looks qt them confused "thank you? For what"

"Being such a good mom to me"

Eyyyyyy I finally got another chapter done!!! It's only been almost a month :,] like I said I'm very sorry I didn't post at all after the first chapter but I am changing the book so I don't need to worry about burnout/time limits

Anyways I hope you enjoyed!!