pt 5: new client

Your ear flicks as your heard a rapid beeping come from the receptionist desk, and you look up from your plush imp to see a light blinking rapidly beside Moxxie who is armed with a cross bow, though he is shaking with a glimmer of hesitance in his face. Beside him was Millie, who was watching his movements.

"Moxxie, stop shakin'! You're gonna shoot one of our hellhounds!"

You redirect your attention back to the imp couple, your brow lifted while Loona lies on the grey, tattered couch, holding her phone in one hand and a photo of a happy human family in another

"Wow, feel sooooo loved here." Loona deadpans, while you idly follow the arrow's aim, from Moxxie to the photo in Loona's paw. Moxxie, for some reason, seemed very hesitant to shoot.

"Just take a deep breath," Millie says, taking said breath. "And let it out!"

Moxxie didn't seem convinced. "But... it's a family!" He said, sounding concerned. "Under what circumstances would we ever need to kill a human family??"

"I mean, if that's what the client wants." Millie states with a shrug.

"Maybe a sh*tty dad... Or a mob family. That's understandable." contemplates Moxxie, temporarily speaking in a stereotypical Italian accent at the last sentence. "But to eradicate an entirely innocent, seemingly in this instance, upper middle class family bloodline??"

At this point Loona sat up on the couch and you climbed up onto it to sit next to her, as she gave you the picture to look at yourself. Something about seeing such a happy looking family gave you a dull pang in your chest.

"Hey! You don't know they're innocent." Loona exclaimed, as you instinctively held it up, and she points to the small boy in it. "This kid probably sets dogs on fire."

She then moves to his older sister. "Maybe this girl gets off to bullying Australian kids online!"

She then moves to the father. "And this guy..." She leans close to you, her voice dropping to a contemptuous mutter. "He definitely watches."

"Exactly!" Millie chirps. "Humans are full of secret nasties. That's why so many of them end up here!"

"But-"

"Guilty and innocent aren't our business, Mox." Millie interrupts her spouse, gripping his cheeks to make him mimic her mouth movements. "Killin' who were paid to is our business. Choose a target." After a brief kiss to the cheek, she steps back to let him take his aim again.

"I just think it's a bit excessive, and we could be a bit more selective, is all." Moxxie reluctantly takes aim, but right before he could chose a target--

SLAM

"Guys! I want you to meet-"

The sudden entrance of his boss startles Moxxie, causing him to accidentally fire his arrow which proceeds to ricochet around the room.

Millie jumps into Moxxie's arms as the arrow hits a computer, which then goes flies back and shoots a hole in the family picture which barely missed your head thanks to Loona quickly pulling you towards her, then finally, the arrow hits the bottom of a tank filled with eels, causing it to wobble precariously. The arrow would've hit the purple demoness, but Blitz effortlessly catches it with one hand.

"--our newest client!"

You look up at the grey haired ex-teacher, but as you waved at her, the tank suddenly topples over, spilling its contents onto the ground. The eels then proceed to spark with electricity, and the water within the shaggy carpet causes the room to erupt in flames.

"Dammit, Moxxie! I just bought those eels!"

~~~{outside I.M.P corp}~~~

As you watched the fire fighters carry out the last of the still sparking eels, blitz says his final goodbyes to Mayberry as she drives off in a cab.

"Byeeee! And, don't worry, we'll get that skank in less than twenty-four hours or your first kill is freee!"

Moxxie turns to his boss in confusion. "When did we start implementing that deal?"

Blitz then turns to face his employee, gripping his face. "When you set fire to my office in front of a CLIENT, YOU F**KIN' DIPSH*T!!" He tosses the small imp aside in a bout of frustration. "Now Now, someone PLEASE tell me that fancy book is still intact!"

"You mean... our only ticket to the other side?" Loona speaks up, idly texting on her phone. That was when you produced the grimoire from behind your back. Loona gives you a brief pat on your head for emphasis. "Yeah, got it."

"And that's why you're both my favorites, Loonie." Blitz coos, pulling out two dog biscuits out. "You both get a tweat now!"

Your ears perk in interest, but Loona seemed disgusted. "Ew. Stop."

He tosses you a treat, in which you catch into your mouth, and Blitz tosses the other up into the air, lashing his tongue like a frog and pulling it into his mouth, disgusting Loona even further.

"You're so gross!" Loona exclaimed, opening the book to perform the spell.

"Aw, stop it," Blitz gushes as you watched Millie draw a pentagram on the wall, which glows red at the grimoire's power and creates a portal, leading to the human world. "I get enough from my therapist."

Loona rolls her eyes at the remark as blitz straightens up with resolve, pressing a hand into Moxxie's face to prevent him from walking to Millie's side. "Now let's go lick some a**!"

"The expression is kick some a**... Blitz." Millie corrects with a snap of her fingers as she enters the portal.

"Mine's better." Blitz grumbles, before following his co-worker into the portal.

"Aww... f**k..." rumbles Moxxie as he sulks into the portal after the others.

You go to walk in, but you're stopped by a hand on your shoulder. "Ap-up-up, hold on a second, squirt."

You turned around to see Loona crouch to your height looking you dead in the eyes.

"You better promise me that you're gonna be careful out there. Stay hidden and don't let those human sh*ts catch you. Got it?"

You smiled a bit. "Mm-hm."

"Good." She tussles your hair, and rises back to full height. "Go kick some major a** out there for me."

"'Kay!" You waved to the hound and scampered into the portal, just as it closed.
~~~~~~~~~~~

First time drawing Loona, her hair gave me issues. 😅