Chapter Three: The Blue Shadow Virus

Word Count: 3.3k

Inspiration: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 17

The light hum of the elevator rumbled as Arya and her Master Anakin Skywalker ascended past the various floors of the Jedi Temple. Anakin leaned his head on the wall of the elevator as his padawan continuously reminded him how she won their sparing match.

"So Master how do you think the council will react when I tell them that your padawan beat you in a duel." The girl teased.

"Arya you cheated that's the only way you even almost won. Real Jedi don't need to play games or cheat in order to win, they win based on skill and knowledge." Skywalker retaliated.

"Whatever Master, the truth of the matter is that I outsmarted you and absolutely destroyed you with my amazing fighting skills." The padawan laughed as she thought about beating her Master yet again. Anakin only huffed in annoyance.

"What does the council want anyway? Why do we have to go to them right now? It's almost time for our other training session."

"Arya, do you ever shut up?" Anakin snapped, "Stop asking so many questions. If I knew why they wanted us then we wouldn't need to both go to them. Would we?"

She rolled her eyes at her Master, now used to his dislike of her. She might as well accept it right? The conversation died out after Anakin's last remark. "Master?" she asked dauntingly, "What?" he grumbled. "How do you think the council would react when they find out I beat you?" She giggled. "Not this again." Anakin said as he dragged his hand down the length of his face, "LET IT GO ARAY!" Skywalker shouted. At this, Arya laughed out loud, "You're embarrassed aren't you Sky-guy?" Her Master only groaned in annoyance, something she had grown accustomed to hearing when he was in her presence.

"What happens when I tell the council about your failure?"

"Arya," Anakin warned.

"Oh Master Windu..." she joked in a sing-song voice. Arya watched as Anakin's face grew the slightest shade of red.

"YOU. WOULDN'T. DARE." Anakin said, his jaw clenched.

The teenager smiled, "Watch me." she stated with a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"Arya I will-" The opening doors of the elevator cut off her Master. They had reached the floor the council was on. Anakin and his padawan walked out of the elevator as other Jedi went in.

As the two drew increasingly closer to the room the smirk on Arya's face only grew. Anakin caught her cocky expression, "Oh no, I know that look. I'll give you twenty credits to not tell them."

"I am a real Jedi, Master, and I will not so easily be swayed."

Skywalker racked his brain for ideas and propositions he could present to her that could and would avoid this humiliation. "No running for a week in training," he offered. "A month," she countered. Anakin glared at her before he nodded, "Fine, no running for a month," he relented. The Jedi sighed in relief, thankful that he would not die of embarrassment today. Gosh, this girl really was a pain in his ass.

As he got to the doors to the council room his padawan spoke up, "Actually on second thought," she said with a grin.

"Arya Kendrix, don't you dare," Anakin snapped, his eyes filled with anger.