Chapter Ten: Daisy

Word Count 1.1k

The trees rustled in the wind, and the waves lapped at the sand beneath her feet. Arya sat near to the water, so near it appeared to absorb her very being. What was she doing out this late? Contemplating the complexities of Anakin Skywalker was the answer. Her Master seemed to be a never-ending plague to her thoughts. But as she had resolved earlier that would soon no longer be the case.

Arya found herself wandering the gardens of the lakehouse, bending over to delicately touch the petal of a rose. It was a beautiful flower. The crimson of the petals, the way they wrapped around each other in such an intricate fashion. Arya thought she had never studied a flower so intensely.

"They're pretty aren't they?"

Arya swiftly pivoted at the sound of the unknown voice. The beauties of Naboo had a way of making her forget all else. The planet's lure seemed to dull her senses. But when the mysterious voice sounded she quickly had her hand on the hilt of her lightsaber.

The voice belonged to a boy. She studied him with suspicion.

"Woah, Woah," He raised his hands above his head in surrender. "I'm just the gardener,"

Arya pursed her lips and slackened the grip on her saber, "And a gardener would sneak up on unsuspecting people?" She asked, gaurd not yet fully down.

"Aren't you supposed to be a Jedi? Couldn't you sense my presence?" The boy inquired, hands resting on his hips.

Arya stumbled with her words, "Well of course I am. And of course I can, its just...just," She paused to think of a response. "It's just not everyone has my abilities and if I wasn't a force wielder then I wouldn't have known you were here, which by the way I obviously did because like I said I'm a Jedi."

The strange gardener boy laughed as he picked up a shovel leaning on the raised garden bed. "Good to know," Is all he said with a smile on his face.

"Well...um who are you anyway?" The padawan asked.

"I just work on the Senator's gardens, making them all pretty and stuff, but if you're looking for a name, then I'm Soren." He answered with a sly quip in his tone.

Soren, Arya noticed, was well-kept for a gardener he had a clean appearance and his brown hair was parted nicely. She decided he was not a threat and let her hand fall from its ready place of defence.

"What's it like being a Jedi? I've always admired the ways of the force and well you would know way more about it than I would? Sorry, I guess I kinda just threw that question out there."

Arya smiled at his question, he seemed like a nice enough boy to strike up a conversation with. "No, no, I don't mind. Technically I'm actually not a Jedi...not yet at least, but I will be. I really like training with the force, it's the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. It's like everything has a life of its own and I can feel and manipulate the energy that exists around me, it's insane." Arya ranted. Talking about the things which she enjoyed cast a bright smile over her features. Her eyes sparkled as she gestured with her hands as she explained the force to Soren. The gardener in turn marvelled and looked at the young girl in awe, "Wow," He sighed dreamily. "That all sounds incredible."

"It really is," The padawan confirmed.

Movement above caught Soren's eyes as he looked to the window above the girl. He spotted the figure of a person, more specifically a man. The man was young he appeared to be in his early twenties or even late teenage years. He was dressed in leather robes that fitted him well. He was glaring at them, that much was sure. Soren and Him locked eyes and the man in the window gave Soren the biggest death stare known to Naboo. The gardener backed away from the Jedi padawan slowly. Arya noticed this of course. "Soren? What are you doing?"

"There's a really angry-looking leather man glaring at me through the window right now." He replied, eyes now focusing on the girl before him.

Arya lifted her hand, dragging the length of it down her face. "You've got to be joking." She said, exasperation clear in her voice.

"Don't think I am mini Jedi. There's definitely someone in there, and he definitely looks pissed."

Arya took a deep breath before releasing it in an annoyed sigh. "That's probably my intolerable Master, Anakin Skywalker." She said.

Soren's eyes widened in shock. "That man glaring at me is THE ANAKIN SKYWALKER?"

"Yes, but don't think of him so highly, he's not all he's cracked up to be, he's much worse," Arya replied. "He's incredibly arrogant, has a habit of withdrawing whenever someone gets close to him, and has the biggest ego in the galaxy."

"Really? I always heard he was like some sort of hero. In fact the best fighter in the entire living galaxy." Soren asked, scrunching his eyebrows as he absentmindedly fiddled with the leaf of a flower.

"Oh believe me he is, I would know." Arya paused, "Well I mean all those things are kinda true, he is a great fighter, but I don't know if the label "hero" is fitting, he does what he's supposed to for the sake of the galaxy that's all. He has many more flaws than virtues in my opinion."

"I never would have thought that about him," Soren confessed. "All the posters and people have always been so... I don't know, they all just kinda praise him."

"Pfft, as if he is worthy of that," Aray said as she rolled her eyes. After that, there was an awkward pause in their conversation. "Well um... I should get going...you know before my Master makes me do eight hours of training to make up for my tardiness."

"He would do that?"

"Without question."

Soren smiled kindly, "Well then miss mini Jedi it was a pleasure meeting you, and I hope to run into you more in the future. How long are you here for?"

Arya mirrored his expression, it seemed to be contagious. "I'm not quite sure yet, but I know that it will be a while we need to make sure that the Senator is perfectly safe before we leave."

"Well in that case," Soren started, "I leave you with this till our next meeting," He said teasingly, as he handed Arya the daisy he had been fiddling with.

Arya's cheeks tinted the smallest shade of pink before accepting the flower and reluctantly saying goodbye to the gardenboy.