Chapter Seven: Two Negatives Make a Positive

Word Count: 1.1k

Arya tore down the halls, Ahsoka right next to her, as they ran for their lives. He was coming. The most unhinged force wielder. He was coming, and she knew it. Ahsoka glanced over to her with a panicked expression. "Run," Arya screamed as the two girls desperately spirited away from danger. Ahsoka's breathing was heavy now, "Quick through that corridor!" The girls dashed down through halls and across corridors. They were terrified. The faster they ran the more difficult it became to catch their breath. Arya was in the lead now, her legs burning as they carried her through the halls. "Arya watch out!" Ahsoka screamed as the brunette turned a corner too sharply. It was too late. Arya's body collided straight with another as she fell to the floor from the impact.

"What is the meaning of this?" Master Windu asks, his facial expression less than thrilled. The padawan looked up to meet the Jedi Master's harsh gaze. His jaw was set and his eyes were dark with irritation.

"I-" Arya started before another sound cut her off.

"ARYA KENDRIX!" The voice rang through the entire Jedi Temple. The anger in it was apparent. None other than her Master, Anakin, Insufferable, Skywalker appeared from around the corner.

Ahsoka shot Arya a fearful look as the two girls straightened their posture. He was here, and he was furious.

The young padawan plastered a smile on her face, "Hey Master, how's it going?" Arya attempted to compose herself but in truth, she couldn't even keep a straight face.

To say that Anakin was angry was an understatement. His face was red with rage and he looked like he was about to explode. He'd make a great volcano if he wasn't a Jedi.

He let out a dangerous chuckle, "How's it going, ey? How's it going she asks." Ahsoka and Arya could feel the heat of his anger radiating off of him. Master Windu was still glaring at Skywalker's young padawan.

"I'll tell you how it's going my dear padawan. My-" Anakin was cut off by Master Windu.

"Now, Skywalker, I know you are new to being a Master, but this position requires certain responsibilities and obligations..." Master Windu continues to lecture, his focus still on Arya. "...And that is why you must keep your padawan in line, she has no regard or respect for the temple with all her galavanting through the halls." He finished his reproach with this statement before looking to Anakin, no doubt waiting for a response.

When Master Windu's eyes fall on Anakin his mouth curls into something that appears to be a smile, well as close to a smile as Master Windu can possibly get. The corners of his eyes crinkle up as his face contorts into laughter. He attempts to compose himself before he bursts out in a fit of laughter. After three minutes he finally straightens his face into its normal overly serious look.

Anakin clenches his jaw as he glares daggers at his padawan. Arya meets his glare with an innocent smile.

"Stars Skywalker. Would you like-" Master Windu's laugh interrupts his own sentence as he fails to keep a straight face. "Why?-" He starts once again before he fails to hold back his laugh.

"Would I like to explain why my hair is PINK?" Anakin finishes for him. At this point, Arya can no longer fake her innocence and laughs so hard she has to hold onto Ahsoka to keep from falling. Ahsoka is hit with a fit of giggles as she tries to keep from stumbling herself.

"Well, I don't know why don't we ask my padawan here." He turns his attention back to Arya. " Arya, why don't you explain to Master Windu here, why my hair is KRIFTING PINK?" His padawan grins wildly at this remark. "Well you see," she starts off, "I might have accidentally, kinda on purpose- that was totally unintentional..."

"Well? I'm waiting." Anakin says. "What did you do, hm?"

Arya laughed to herself before continuing, "Ahsoka and I might have permanently borrowed pink dye from the supply closet and then I might have kinda put it into your shampoo bottle when you asked me to grab your comlink."

Anakin only grew more angry as she continued the story. "Why in the galaxy would you even think that would be a good idea?" He asked his padawan.

"Hang on, hang on," Arya said with her hands raised above her head. "In my defense, you put a spider on my pillow and you know how much I HATE spiders."

Anakin smirked at the memory of his padawan screaming because of the tiny spider. She had woken the entire temple up that night. He shook his thoughts from the memory and turned back to reprimanding his padawan. "I know you think you're so funny with this whole ordeal," he gestured to his hair, "but mark my words. I am going to get you back. Way worse."

"Mmhm," Arya fake agreed, "but what really can an old man like you do?" She challenged.

Anakin glared at her with horror. "Old?" "Old?" "I'm not old! I'm at the spry age of twenty!" He defends.

"Yeah, exactly, old."

"I'm only three years older than you." He tried again.

"Sure you are... grandpa," Arya said.

"Why I ought to-" Anakin starts. Striding towards her.

"I think that's enough fighting for now, Skywalker." Mace interrupted.

"For once I agree with Master Windu, save it for the battlefield Arya," Ahsoka said. This whole ordeal was so funny she could barely stop laughing to talk some sense into her friend.

Mace Windu just shook his head at the two of them. He clearly thought that they were a lost cause. "Will you two ever get along?" He asked.

"I'm a great Master, I just have a brat padawan." Anakin defended.

"Jerk," Arya said as she slapped Anakin's shoulder.

"Eww don't touch me, you'll tant my goodness," Anakin said as he stepped back from his padawan.

Arya just rolled her eyes at the immaturity of her Master. Anakin was a handful and so was she, but you know what they say "Two negatives make a positive." They would be good for each other, even if neither of them knew it yet.