Like a Player

The next day, 1900Hrs, Maid Casino.

A dazzling casino, glimmering with neon lights, having pop songs serving as background music. And most importantly,  you and Yumechi together.

"Master! Let's check out that first!" She exclaims while dragging you to the arcade game corner.

It just seemed like a date now, except for the fact that she was in her maid costume, reminding you of the fact of that you and she were maid and customer. Nothing more.

"But enough overthinking" you mutter to yourself while she effortlessly obliterates you in a car racing game.

"Didn't you say you were a newbie? You are monsterously strong for one!"
You say with surprise and disbelief.

"I can just say that I am one hell of a Newbie then"

"Was that a reference?"

"No" she said averting her eyes from yours.

The game was on and both of you had a lot of fun. One moment she was sticking to your arm for more money and the other she was dancing with joy for your wins, just like a maid. There was just this jovial aura around her, like a sister you never had.

And then you did it, patted her head like a big brother without even thinking. And she froze.

"Don't act like you lik...." she muttered under her breath.

You couldn't hear her fully and said "Could you go again? I didn't get you"

"Nothing, master! I was just thinking that we shouskfskakhd-"

She was saying something but you were too captivated by her eyes to hear her words. They seemed like they were saying something, the eyes. As if they wanted something. Thirsty for "something".

Cutting her short, you said "Would you like another headpat?"

She stopped all of a sudden, no movements or anything while a pink colour spread over her face. As if she was secretly asking for one but too embarrassed to ask for directly.

"Understood" you said before patting her more, eventually turning her into a red tomato.

"Argh! Master...this thing...."

"There is nothing wrong, maids also want love sometimes, right?"

You may not be an expert in maths or science but you were one in saying cringy lines atleast but then something unusual happened.

A maid, enclosed in a cage and was being taken away but to where? You just found it wrong and were about to ask when Yumechi firmly held your fist and said "Master, we are maids

A maid, enclosed in a cage and was being taken away but to where? You just found it wrong and were about to ask when Yumechi firmly held your fist and said "Master, we are maids. Things like this are ok for us so let's just go back to our game, ok?"

She said with firm determination in her eyes.

 But when you started playing cards, her aura completely changed

But when you started playing cards, her aura completely changed. She felt like she was going all out, like a human, not just a maid.

Let the real game begin!

-Episode 2 ends-