chapter 4

listen to the song when it's mentioned to add an atmosphere

after the show, you went back to the dressing room. you collected your stuff whilst conversing with the other dancers.

your best friend catia also worked here and was going on stage just after you. you briefly explained the grumio-caecilius 'incident' to her.

'...and now he's out there! he was watching me dance!' you ended
'girllll that's crazy. maybe he wants something' said catia with a wink.
'as if i'd give him anything. have you seen how old he is? but I guess he did have a sorta...twinkle in his eye. the kinda person who you knew was pretty when they were younger, you know?' you answered, gazing off into the distance as you thought about your crush.

'girllll you down bad!' catia said, making you blush
'cat! puh-lease! he has a wife n a son! he's far too old for me!' you said with a sad expression.

'age is just a number.'

before y/ns dance
caecilius' pov:

i finally found where she works! i mean, it wasn't hard. there's only 3 clubs in pompeii and she's gets around so i only had to ask some of my amici about her. they all knew her of course.
I enter the club and im greeted by red lights and the noise of heatwaves, my favourite song. i spot a bar and quickly walk over to it. i order a glass of vinum and find a table.

a short ginger girl is onstage and she's okay, i guess. 'but im only here for y/n' he thinks.
the song comes to an end and the dj begins to play a slower song.
'raise your glasses for pompeiis best dancer, s/n!!!' (ur stage name; make it up!)

'this must be her, she'd defo pick such a quirky name like that!' caecilius thinks

and then he sees her. the new love of his life.
caecilius forgets everyone, especially metella as he observes the beauty in front of him.
'she's like a fallen angel' he thinks.

back to present

y/n pov:

you're finally leaving the club. honestly, you can't stand it there; the smell, the men, even the girls sometimes but most of all the negative memories you have from when you were younger that are attached to this place.

you look around cautiously for any sign of caecilius but it appears hes left. 'strange' you thought.

you make it to the door after greeting some collegues and some friendly regulars, forgetting that caecilius was even there when suddenly you notice a familiar shadow coming towards you.

'salve majistrae'