An invitation

Wednesday's POV:

After the defeaton of crackstone and the demise of thornhill, things were peaceful in my life for once, I spent most of my summer holidays coming up with the start of my next and final novel but two things kept my mind in constant work. My petty excuse for a stalker, and Tyler or, the hyde, I'm not even sure what to call him anymore.

I think back to our time spent together, our date, our kiss, what it really just a ploy of distraction? I try not to associate myself with emotions such as despair or heartbreak, which in my opinion are far more interesting than most others but the way he looked at me, I didn't see hatred, or anger, or vengance it was more..admiration? I've never been good at reading emotions but I truly thought I had somewhat figured Tyler's out. And mine.

I've heard news through Enid's gossip page, now full of Tyler's trial footage, that he's been sent to an institution for hydes. I've been keeping tabes on him since he was arrested. He was released earlier this week and has now been sent home. The end of summer break is coming and I'll be sent back to nevermore soon. I've been contemplating about going to see him once I arrive back in town,

I've decided I deserve an explation. If not for me then for Eugene and everyone else who suffered the fate of death at thornhill's or technically, Tyler's hands.

One more thing I've been thinking about and have actually spoken to principal weems about is hydes being allowed back into nevermore, specifically Tyler. That may sound incompitent and or biased but, from what has come to light it's clear that one, Tyler was groomed by thornhill, I'm not explaining what groomed means, if you dont know you're not compitent enough to read this, and since he is techincally an outcast he deserves a chance to be with his own kind.

Weems was not very open to the idea, but with a bit of negotiating and a tiny bit of blackmail, I've got an acceptance letter to nevermore for Tyler. I will be going to see him in the morning, term will be starting and I'd like for him to be there on the first day. Yes if feel betrayed, yes I am angry as much, as I hate to admit when I feel anything but an endless void of numbness, but he I think he deserves atleast one chance.

As I step out the car, I feel a wave of regret so strong it almost makes me get back into the car and tell Lurch to drive as fast as possible. But I continue to walk to his door. I give a small knock and await impatiently for someone to unlock it.

What if this is a mistake? What if he attacks me or never wants to see me again? I mean I tortured him in Xavier's art studio. But in fairness he did kill 9 people. I hear footsteps from inside and the door swings open.

Tyler stands in the doorway. You can see the exhaustion on his face and his scars, inside and out. He looks older, weaker, he looks so tired, so defeated. I feel a flicker of pity which is quickly washed away when I recognize the shock on his face.

"Wednesday?" He whispers, his lip trembles slightly.

He suddenly straightens himself, his eyes becoming dark.

"Why are you here?" You can hear the grimness in his voice, not anger almost.. sadness. Remorse.

I forget why I'm there. I forget where I am. I feel dizzy. No. No stop that, I will not show weakness. I compose myself and clench the envelope a little tighter in my hand.

"May I come in?" I ask blatantly.

He moves slightly to make room in the doorway and I step in.

I observe the farmilar surroundings, the only time i've been to his house is after his so called attack inflicted upon him by 'the Beast' when me, Xavier and Enid had to half-carry half-drag him up the staircase.  It looks the same, untouched, frozen in time.

"Wednesday." I hear from behind me.

I spin around and hold out the envelope. He raises an eyebrow and cautiously takes the letter from my hand. Careful not to touch me. "What is this?" He questions.

"Just open in." He rips off the envelope and discards of it on the floor.

He slowly reads through the letter, a puzzled expression crossing his face. "What is this?" He raises his eyes to meet mine.

"Can't you read?' He lets out scoff, folds the letter up and hands it back to me.

"I'm not going to nevermore Wednesday, I'm dangerous." That flicker of pity turns into a spark of despair.

"Tyler-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"I said no."

He goes back to the door and opens it.
"Go." He doesn't even look at me.

I walk up to him, forcing him to look at me.

"Tyler, I am not leaving until you accept the invitation to nevermore. I would be good for you. I want you to be there. That may not mean much now but-"

he presses his lips against mine, I stand there frozen. I have no idea what compels me, but I kiss back. I grab at his hair softly and intertwine it between my fingers. What.am.i.doing. we break apart, breathless.

"I'm sorry, I just.." he begins, but I stop him. I place the now crumbled letter in his hand.

"I'll come see you again soon. You need a uniform, we'll go see weems to get you one." He just nods, looking down at the floor. I can tell how embarrased he is for what just happened. Honestly? So am I.

What was I thinking? I should've just ran out and never came back. I walk through the door and get into the car. Lurch begins to drive and I sit in the back seat considering every single decision that has led me to this torturous moment.

My phone vibrates in my bag, I take it out and open the text from an unknown number. There's a picture, a picture of me and tyler through the window, kissing.