Dont kiss and tell

Tyler's pov:

What have I done.

I pace around my room frantically, reminding myself of everyone's location.

Marina is in the courtyard selling some younger years fake cigarettes, Wednesday is off doing god knows what but all I know is that she isn't here. And I'm here, running around like an absolute idiot for the last hour.

I'm insane and I'm delusional and I'm terminally fucking stupid. I've been beating myself up the entire night about kissing marina, half of my meds have gone missing which is just making me spiral further and I've messed things up with my only actual friend because I was feeling sorry for myself and desperately lonely.

Fuck fuck fuck.

I hit myself in the head, cursing myself for being stupid and self destructive, per usual.

I come up with a half assed plan, I'm going to avoid marina as long as humanly possible until we either fall out or we completely forget about it so it isn't weird anymore. Wednesday hates me, loathes and despises me because I'm emotional and reckless, she can barely even look me in the eyes without scoffing.

I try and count random things I can smell and hear and see and stupid shit like that. I take deep breaths and dig my hands into my hair until the world stops spinning.

It's the weekend, which means we can go wherever we want, which means I'm going to go anywhere marina isn't.

I throw on my jacket and storm down the steps to the front gates, a few people give me odd looks as I walk past.

I just walk for a while, I consider walking through the woods but it is filled with terror and bad memories so I decide to just do a few laps around town centre until I can think of a way to talk to other people and function like a person again.

The hyde has been getting more and more restless lately, after months of being caged in and controlled by concentrated medications. I feel the urge to hurt, to hunt.

I walk into the weathervane and order a large coffee.

~~~

I walk back through the courtyard and quickly duck behind a pillar as marina makes her way through. Im scared she might of spotted me but she quickly rushes in the other direction, a teacher runs after her with a pack of marina's fake, crushed herb cigarettes in hand.

I make haste and rush over to my dorm, just as I see Wednesday making her way down, heading towards the way I just came.

"Wednesday i-" she just walks straight past me, as if I am merely another trophy case in the hall she doesn't like looking at because the bright shining metals and saturated colours of medal ribbons make her eyes hurt.

I feel frustrated with her, but the hyde is furious. He's always lurking behind every thought I have, no matter how pleasant or positive he always finds some sickening way to twist it.

I try to keep my spirts up, forming a plan to try and find a way to be friends with her again.

I walk back to my dorm, quietly closing the door behind me, I jump when I see marina standing in the middle of the room.

"Tyler, we need to talk." She says quietly, walking closer to me, I rub the back of my neck nervously.

"Listen..marina.." I start but she cuts me off.

"I know you don't like me Tyler, not like that anyway." I'm shocked at how calm and collected she is, I notice the unusual largeness of her pupils.

"I know that you're interested in Wednesday, but I just wanted to let you know I'm fine with it." She nods once to me and once to herself. She looks chillingly calm, her eyes aren't fully focused on me.